Dinner...? prt 2

Kiana

" Mama....you gon be looking so smexy." Cardi says while doing my make up. I blush a little. I was so shocked that August asked me....well told me that I'm able to go to dinner with them. Heck I'm still in shock. I never would have thought I could have dinner with an actual family again.

I mean they aren't my family but it will be nice to eat with someone and not in silence like I normally do.

" No need to fill her head up with that nonsense. She will look the same just like any other day. Basic." Imani says out loud. I try to lower my head in shame but Cardi immediately lifts my head up and gives me a warm smile.

"Don't ever....and I mean ever put yo head down for no bitch. Keep yo head held high. Don't let no one see you fall. You hear me. Not even August...if you know what I mean. " She says with a wink. I look at her confused. What is she getting at?

" And don't worry about Imani, ol bald headed ass. She just hatin that's all. Deep down I know she likes you." I scoff.
" I'm  serious Kia...she do. Just...give her sometime. Okay. " I nod my head,even though I heard this all before.

" Okay turn around ma...." Cardi spins me around facing directly in front of the mirror.

" Ouuuu.....you looking good." Cardi says. I nod my head with a slight smile even though I don't see it. However, I do see a girl with beautiful hair flowing down her back. Makeup done to a perfection. But the thing that stood out the most to me about the girl staring directly at me is her eyes. There's a small gleam of hope, astonishment, and....love? I smile.

" Okay girl go get change." Well this is embarrassing I forgot that I don't have any nice materials to wear. "Umm.....I don't  have anything to wear." I look down shyly.

" Girl....whatchu  mean? August gotchu you outfit." He did what now. He must not be feeling well. For him to buy me a outfit he has  to be going crazy. I'll have to ask him if he's okay to day. She spins me around to face her bed.

" Your dress is in the box over there." I slowly rise from the chair, taking a loud gulp. I slowly creep over to the bed and just stare at the box. Even though it's coming from August I can't help but to have a warm feeling take over my body.

"So are you gonna open it or stand there and look dumb." I hear Imani say from behind me. I just nod my head and lift the box slowly. But then shut it quickly.

" How about I go put it on in the bathroom and then show you."
" Okay.....while you do that I'll get changed too." I just nod my head and head towards the door. Before leaving out the door I heard Imani whisper something.

" I never saw August buy  a random bitch some clothes. He don't even but Desireé clothes or anything for that matter."
" Hey Imani...I don't know whatch yo  problem is but Kiana is here so get use to it. And who cares if he doesn't buy Desireé anything  " I smile at least another person in this house as my back. But it's something that keeps nagging me in the back of my head.  Yeah like who the heck is Desireé.

Closing the door softly I leave to head to my room. Before I go though I heard Imani say something else.

" I don't care who she is....I don't like her. She's lieing about something. She to snicky for  me and imma find out what the deal is with this chick. And when I do imma rub it in all y'all faces. I can just tell she's trouble." I blink back the tears.

If only she new. If only they knew. But most importantly if only  he knew. If August finds out that I'm lieing to him I could lose everything that I'm working for. I can't   go back to being Ana again and I can't be that girl anymore I just....can't.