What Would I do Without Him?

I look at the time

12:30.

I know my mom is going to find out if I'm gone soon, but I can't just leave him...

Determining what I should do, I sit down and try to assure him it'll be ok.

How long did he have to live? I mean he made me feel better than I have in a while, I don't know what I would do if he died.

Even after such a short amount of time I already knew I couldn't lose him.

"Kayden, my mom is going to realize I'm gone soon, I need to head home." I say gently.

He looks at me and does a slight nod.

I sit down with him, "You will be ok, I promise."

He does a small grin.

"I... I'm just not ready to go." He tells me, in a soft sad voice.

I sit down for a while longer, just comforting him.

As I am about to speak, I hear a car pull up. I can't see who's in it, and then I realize

it's my mom.

I see her walking over to me looking super mad. Kayden looks over and sees my worried face.

"Taylor, you CANNOT be doing this." My mom says in an angry tone. "Get in the car right now." She says very annoyed, practically shouting at me. "You had me worried sick, I have been searching for a long time!"

I look at my phone. 1:30 already???

"This wasn't her fault." Kayden says. "I asked her to come, I just... I needed to talk to her. She needed to know, I wanted her to be aware of what could happen any day now... I'm very sorry, it was my fault not hers." Kayden tells my mother.

She looks very confused, because she had no idea who he was and what he told me. There was no emotion because it never occurred to her how much he meant to me. Or because she had no idea about what he was even going through.

"Lets go." She says, and I stand up, shaking from the cold.

"Give me a minute mom, I'll meet you in the car." I shout over as she is walking away.

"Look I'm so sorry about this." I tell him, shivering.

"Don't worry about it, you have no reason to be sorry." He says as he places his jacket over my shoulders.

"Keep it, I want you to have it, it is special to me, so I thought why not give it to a special person." He says smiling.

At that moment

he kisses my cheek lightly

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.

I smile and walk off to the car. I just can't believe it.

Kayden stands there, smiling at me with his hands in his pocket, and we don't lose eye contact until he is out of sight, and I have driven away.

When I get home I run upstairs and call Megan.

Megan was much calmer about this kind of stuff, so I decided to tell her about it first instead of Julia.

"Hey Tay! I haven't heard from you since you and Kayden went for ice cream. How was it?" She asks out of curiosity.

I tell her every detail, from when we got in line for a milkshake. to the kiss.

We talked for a long time, until I get a call from Kayden. I smile.

"Hey Meg, I gotta go, see you at school." I tell her, and quickly answer Kayden.

"Hey, what are you doing calling at this hour?" I say giggling.

He laughs. "Well, I had to ask you a question, and it couldn't wait until tomorrow." he tells me.

"What is it then?" I ask him.

"Would you do me the honor of being my beautiful girl friend?" He asks.

woah

is this really happening?

I don't even hesitate about my answer.

"Yes." I say, hoping he can sense my excitement.

"Look out your window...." He says.

Standing down there is Kayden.

The person I can finally call my boyfriend.