Dad...

Kayden stands down below. He is wearing a light blue collared shirt, and tan pants.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, but I didn't care why, I was just glad to see him.

"Well, did you really think I would just ask you to be my girl friend over the phone?"

I laugh. He smiles and looks down. He turns around and pulls out a beautiful acoustic guitar.

"I wrote you a song Taylor. I want you to know how much you mean to me... I know this all happened so fast, but with the amount of time I have left... I want to make the best of it".

I smile as my eyes water. He was so sweet.

Kayden begins to play, and I am over whelmed. The song was about me. He called me beautiful, sweet, amazing, some things no one ever called me.

When he finishes, all I can do is smile, I just have nothing else to do or say. It was perfect. He was perfect.

"Kayden... that was... amazing. Thank you so much." I say to him.

He looks at me, "Sweet dreams beautiful." He says gently. "Goodnight Kayden." I say, and close my window. He walks away, soon out of sight. Was he smiling like I was? "

It was 3:00. Oh my gosh I need to sleep. I throw on my fluffy blue cheetah pants and loose orange t-shirt, and I was still smiling.

I jump in bed, turning off the light. But I'm unable to sleep. Kayden was just in my mind constantly. Finally my eyes close... and soon enough I drift off.

BANG

BANG

I jolt up. I hear noises in the house. What's that? I stand up and open my door just a crack. I go down stairs.

"Mom, can you please quiet down? I am exhausted." I say as I enter the kitchen. The light is dim, I rub my eyes and see the person sitting on a wooden chair in my kitchen

"Mom?" I ask, questioning why she wasn't saying anything.

A deep voice then says, "I think you mean dad".

I begin to back up, mom didn't like him. She had always told me to stay away from him.

"D-Dad...." I say, trying to put everything together.

I run up stairs, and I can hear his foot steps following closely behind me.

I run to my moms room, and bang on the door.

I hear him coming my way, I didn't know why he was following me. I barely knew him, I only knew that my mom didn't want me near him.

Finally my mom opens the door.

"Honey what is it?" She says sounding annoyed, and then places her eyes on my dad. I run behind her, scared and cowardly.

"Look, I thought I told you to stay away, get out of my house, and get away from my daughter-"

"Our daughter." He says in an angry tone.

"You left, and you are the one who messed up. I don't want you anywhere near this family." My mother says sternly.

"I want to take Taylor, as her other parent, I deserve time with her too, don't I? If you disagree, we could talk to the court." My dad says, smirking, and I gulp.

I can't go with him, I just can't. My mother puts her arm in front of me.

"What are you exactly doing at my house at 5 in the morning?" My mother asks, trying to sound brave, but I could sense her fear.

"Get. Out!" She shouts. My dad chuckles and walks down the stairs.

"We will continue this conversation later." He states, and he exits the house.

"Go back to bed." My mon says breathing heavily, and off I go to my room. I don't ask questions, I just go and plop onto my bed. A tear runs down my face, I try to stay calm, but I can't.

I fall back asleep, trying not to cry.

What a nice start to the school week.