When Will He Stop?

Ringgggg

Ringgggg

As I'm watching a movie with Kayden, I hear my phone ring. I push myself off the couch, and sulk over to the kitchen. The phone stops ringing, and the noise starts up once again. I enter the kitchen and see my phone lighting up in the corner.

It was a blocked number, ugh stupid prank calls.

"Hello?" I say, in a clearly visible annoyed tone. I can hear slow and heavy breathing on the other line.

"Dumb prank calls." I mutter to myself, and as I'm about to hang up, I hear the breathing get louder, as if begging me to stay.

This was dumb, I press end and go to my messages. Still nothing from my mom? No Calls? Yep nothing. Wow.

I knew I had to get back home, I couldn't keep running. Entering the living room, Kayden sits there, looking with concern. "Everything ok Taylor?" He asks me.

"Can you take me home?" I ask him, I couldn't stay. If I wanted to stop the stress, I hated saying this, but I knew I had to confront it.

His face filled with sadness, but he quickly tries to hide it. "Kayden I didn't mean it like that, I love you, I just need to get home to talk to my mom." I say, placing my arms around his neck.

"Ok, thats fine, get in the car, I'll be there in a second." He answers, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I walk out, feeling embarrassed about my outfit. I run to the car quickly, I didn't want anyone to see me. I looked at mess. While I'm looking down, I hear a tap on the window. Taking a glance over, I automatically regret it. Standing there is Mark. He's never going to stop is he? My face twists in disgust, I try to show him that I don't want to see his face, ever again, but count on him to just ignore me.

I hear his voice, but it sounds muffled from inside the car. In the matter of a few seconds, he takes out a hammer, breaks open the window, and soon enough I feel him enter.

I scream, I see him smirking. I burst out crying, "You jerk get off of me." I manage to spit out. What was taking Kayden so long? He places his hand over my mouth to keep me quiet, the tears come faster. He was getting what he wanted, he was succeeding.

Mark pushes his weight onto me, and I try to shake him off of me. No use, I hated him, I hated this. I just wanted it all to end. The horror, the pain, the secrets, all of it. It was as if I only had one good thing in life. Kayden, it started to sink in, I only had Kayden.

If he heard my screams, he would come out and Mark would hurt him, I couldn't lose the one person I had, so with all I had, I stopped the muffled screams from coming out, and I stop moving. I wasn't going to try and stop Mark.

For Kayden.

"Get off of my girlfriend!" Kayden shouts. I turn my head, no he had to go back.

His face was bright red, full of anger. I take Marks hand. "If you hurt him, I swear..." I say, I didn't know what I would do.

Mark ignores me and takes steps over to Kayden. Compared to Mark, he was so small.

I push myself out of the car, but what could I do? I was just a small girl, whatever I tried, I'd fail.

"Hang on Kayden!" I shout, and rush to grab my phone. I frantically dial 911, attempting to hold back my tears.

"911, what's your emergency?".

I quickly tell them about Mark, but it was clear they couldn't understand. I shout the address into the phone and hang up. There was no time.

I exit the car, to find Kayden unconscious and bleeding on the pavement.

Mark stands there, his face was blank, no expression.

"You monster! Just go, I hate you!" I shout, crying, and I couldn't stop it.

Mark stands there, not moving. I jump in the car, hiding. Where were the police? And then I hear the sirens.