Chapter 25; My Decision

Johnny's POV

It's Friday, meaning it's the big game. I'm hanging with my squad. I'm wearing my jersey, black high tops and jeans.

I walked into school with them and into class.

"So where to tonight?" Brynn asked.

"I say Applebee's, since the diner is basically closed," Jacob said.

We all agreed and decided we'd let everyone else know.

I haven't talked to Mackenzie yet, but, I know what I can do. Sing to her. That's the only thing I can do.

I want to sing it to her. But, I don't know when I should. I'll figure it out I guess.

-

After school we all met up and get in our cars, driving down to Applebee's.

"So John, you nervous for tonight?" Lauren asked.

I shrugged, "eh, not really."

"Ya because you're guaranteed a scholarship the way you play," Hayden said patting my back.

I rolled my eyes and pulled into a parking spot. We all got out and went into the restaurant with the rest of the group.

We were seated in a large booth and we talked while we waited for our waiter.

"So have you heard from Mackenzie?" Brynn asked.

Maddie shook her head, "nope. Only seen her in school. But, she hasn't talked to me," Maddie explained.

"You think she's coming to the game?" Kendall asked.

"Maybe. I don't know," Maddie said.

"It's whatever. But, you guys excited for football game tonight?" I questioned.

"Ya, we're going to destroy the gators," Jacob smirked.

"And you're going to get us there bro, and not only will you get a scholarship but ya boys will too," Hayden said.

Him and Jacob did their handshake and laughed.

They continued to talk while I zoned off yet again.

When can I sing to her? I thought. It has to be the perfect time. I need to tell her how I feel. I just don't know when I can.

-

I sat in the locker room with the team. We just finished our practice. It's about 5:56 right now. We take showers and get some more to eat before the game.

As we sit and wait we talked about different things. Most of them talk about heir "conquests" they recently had. By conquest I mean how many girls they've laid.

I don't participate in that stuff. I think girls need to be treated better than objects. Sadly some of them don't agree.

After about a good forty-five minutes of waiting I heard the door open to the locker room. I don't pay much attention to it. I figured it was just the coach.

"Dude we're going to kill it tonight," Hayden said.

I smirked and patted his back. Turning my head and I see her.

"Mackenzie?" I ask. "What are you doing in the guys locker room?"

"I needed to take care of something," Mackenzie says looking at me.