Kill The Lights {10}

I woke up in the morning and groaned, pulling the blanket over my head. I couldn’t really remember last night and my head was throbbing, so I was assuming I had a little too much alcohol.

                “Well, look who’s awake,” Shane said, looking over at me. He had been lying in his bed, scrolling through his phone. “How shitty do you feel?”

                “Very shitty. Never let me get near alcohol again,” I moaned. “And close your blinds.”

                He jumped up and closed his blinds, sitting back down on his bed. “What do you remember from last night?”

                “I went to Max’s house and it’s all downhill from there,” I said.

                Things were coming back to me, and I could remember why I went to Max’s house. But after a couple of shots and mixed drinks, I couldn’t remember anything else that had happened.

                “How did I end up here?” I asked, trying to remember if I had walked here, or if Shane had gotten me from Max’s house.

                “Mitch and I picked you up and dragged your drunk ass here,” he said.

                My face paled a little. “You and Mitch got me?”

                “Yea, why?” he asked curiously.

                “Uh…what did I say?” I asked.

                “You just snapped at us,” he said. “Why did you decide to drink last night, anyways? I know the difference between you drinking for fun and you drinking to forget. You were trying to forget something last night.”

                “I don’t want to talk about it,” I said, sitting up very slowly and rubbing my temples. “Get me something for my headache.”

                He pulled open a drawer and dug around, tossing a bottle of pills at me, along with a half full water bottle. I took two pills and stood up, looking down at myself.

                “Can I borrow clothes?” I asked, looking up at Shane.

                “Sure,” he said with a shrug.

                I grabbed clothes and changed into them. Shane and I went out to the kitchen, where Carol was making grilled cheese.

                “Do you boys want some?” she asked.

                “Yes we do,” Shane said, jumping up onto a chair at the counter. I sat next to him, my headache slowly going away.

                Carol turned back to the grilled cheese. Shane got up and grabbed both of glasses of water. I sipped on my water, staring out of the window.

                “You should’ve come to the bar with us,” Shane said.

                “Shane, if you get in trouble for having a fake I.D., I will shoot you,” Carol said, glaring at him. “Don’t get your dumbass caught. I told you not to get that fake. But do you ever listen to your mother?”

                “I’m sorry, we’re you talking?” Shane said, glancing at his mom.

                Carol sighed hopelessly. “Is summer break over yet? I can’t stand having you and your brother home all the time. You two drive me crazy.”