Kill The Lights {14}

Colby pinned Mitch to the ground and glared at him. “See? You always need someone else to save you,” he growled. He smirked. “I see you have a bandage on your shoulder Mitch.” He placed his fingers on the bandage, right over Mitch’s cut. “I wonder why.”

                Mitch cried out in pain as Colby dug his fingers down, and blood welled up against the bandage. I pushed myself off the ground and grabbed Mitch’s abandoned beer bottle. I smashed the end of it against the ground and moved at Colby, waving it dangerously despite my still throbbing head.

                “Get off of him,” I growled dangerously.

                Colby, realizing that I wasn’t messing around, slowly got off of Mitch. Mitch bit his lip roughly before letting his foot fly, colliding with a spot that would hopefully leave Colby unable to reproduce.

                Colby gasped in pain and sank to the ground. His friends released Patrick and Trevor and hurried over to help him up.

                “Stay away from Mitch,” I said, my voice scaring even me now.

                “He’s not worth it!” Colby hissed in pain, clutching himself. He glared at Mitch. “Fuck with me one more time, and I’ll beat you within an inch of your life, fucker.”

                “Touch him one more time and I’ll literally kill you,” I threatened, waving the broken end of the bottle a little.

                Colby glared at me before he and his friends retreated. Once I was positive they were gone, I rushed over to Mitch. Trevor and Patrick had helped him sit up, but his cut was bleeding badly.

                “Mitch! Are you okay?” I cried in panic.

                “What are you doing here? Did you follow me?” Mitch asked.

                I blushed. “Uh…yea, actually. I did. I heard that Colby guy talking about attacking you earlier. And I knew you wouldn’t listen to me if I warned you not to go out at night. So I figured I’d follow you and step in if you needed me.”

                “I can handle myself,” he said, and winced at his shoulder.

                “Yea, you really handled yourself,” I said, rolling my eyes.

                “You need to wrap your cut,” Trevor said.

                “Wow, do I? I was planning on letting myself bleed to death,” Mitch said.

                I helped Mitch to his feet. Mitch touched his shoulder and winced again. He looked up at his friends and sighed.

                “I guess I’m heading back for the night,” he said.

                “Call us if you need us,” Trevor said, and Patrick nodded.

                “Come on. You’re coming with me. I’m not done with you,” Mitch said to me.

                “No Mitch, I thought it was a good idea to let you walk home alone with a group of guys looking to put you in the hospital,” I said in surprise.

                “Shut up and come on,” he said, rolling his eyes.

                His friends watched us leave. We walked back to the house in silence, and crept in through the back door. We hurried down to the bathroom and I helped Mitch clean and bandage his cut.