Part 4: It's Him

Hey everyone!  I'm really sorry I haven't posted a new chapter in such a long time, but don't worry I'm back!  Anyways thanks to all who are reading and enjoying my fanfic!  Here's another chapter, hope you like it!  Okay?

                                                                                                                                .                                                 .                                                .

It's him.  It has to be.  He has the same mahogany brown hair and glowing blue eyes as he had the last time I have seen him.  Which was years ago.  But still.  Who else would it be?  

But this can't be.  This is not possible.  Unless it is.  Unless he really isn't dead and his actual physical body is standing right in front of me waiting for my arms to wrap around him.  I feel the desperate urge to run up to him right now and embrace in his arms, yet I don't know if this person standing in front of me is really him, or if I am just seeing strange things.  I feel scared.  Anxious.  Panicked.

I just don't know what to do!  What if it's not him?  What if I'm just going crazy right now and that this person standing in front of me is just my imagination? 

No... no.  I can't think like this!  This has to be Gus!  He's probably thinking I went blind too since I'm not running up to him right now and believing what I'm seeing.  It's him.  It's him.

Hesitantly, I lift myself off the ground and brush off the dirt smudging on my dress.  I gaze up once more, making sure I am confident about what I am about to do and speed walk, while dragging Philip behind me, toward the boy with one leg.  

As I get closer, he moves closer as well, and soon enough we are in each other's arms.  I knew I shouldn't have doubted myself, I think and smile a wide smile I haven't worn for a very long time.  

We stay in each other's arms longer than I had hoped, and finally I let go from the warm-filling hug.  I peer up at his calm, soothing eyes and we share a gaze for a significent amount of time.  The world around us fades away slowly, and I only see him, and focus on him, as he focuses on me.  My insides feel fuzzy again, as they had when we were holding a gaze at Anne Frank's house years ago.  I close my eyes slowly and envision that moment I had with him there.  His soft eyes staring at me as if I were the most special thing he had ever seen.  His eyes telling me that everything is okay and nothing bad will ever happen to me as long as I'm with him.  That no matter what happens to either of us, we will be okay.  I slowly open up my eyes again, and he is still looking at me like I'm the most beautiful thing in the world, and I blush shyly.

Finally, his eyes move away, and the world around us comes into view again.  I try to lead my eyes towards whatever Augustus is staring at, but then I hear a voice.  Growing louder and louder by every second.  Alert, I look around me frantically, though I'm still unaware where the voice is coming from.  

The voice is not so clear, though it's sounds like someone is calling my name.  I turn around to face Augustus again, but Augustus is not behind me now.  He's gone.  All of the safety and security I felt when I was around him now vanish, and now I'm alone.  And afraid.

Everything around me blurs and the voice becomes more audible.  I am not steady on the ground, instead I begin to shake and loose balance of my feet.  Philip collapses over to the ground and tumbles down a not-so-steep hill, pulling me with it.  The ground also begins to vibrate, though not so heavily, but I still fall to the ground because of it.

What's going on?!  I think with growing concern.

"Hadhosb..."

"Hazdhodjs..."

"Hazeshs..."

"Hazellll..."

"Hazel."

"Hazel!!!"

 Suddenly, everything around me is in clear view again, and I'm sitting in front of Gus' grave.  My shoulders still shake, so I turn to see what the cause is, and find Issac's hand resting on top of my left shoulder, shaking it violently.

"Hazel!?  Hello?!  Are you there?!  Is this even you?!"  he continues to shout.

"Yes.  Yes!  Issac, it is me Hazel!  Now stop shaking the life outta' me!"  I say and push his hand off my shoulder.

"Oh, phew.  Okay, that's good.  For like 5 minutes already I've been trying to tell you I'm ready to go, but you just like didn't respond at all, and I thought you like fell asleep or I was speaking to the wrong person or something.  But finally you zoned out of whatever you were thinking in that crazy little head of yours.....I didn't interrrupt you from a convo with Gus, did I?  I'm really sorry if I did."

"Uhh, no......no uh..."  I didn't no what to say.  I didn't even know what to think.  Was I just imagining that person standing in front of me the entire time?  No... no, just no.

"Uhh, Hazel?  Hello?" he says, breaking the silence.

"Oh, yeah, sorry.  No.  No, it's fine.  You didn't interrupt me or anything."  I answer with a puzzled look on my face.

"Alrighty then.  Let's get going."  Issac begins to stand, though I grab his right arm and stop him.

"Wait.  Can I ask you something?"  I say.

"Yeah, sure.  Go ahead."  he replies.

"So, I was sitting down next to you the entire time we were visiting?  I didn't stand up or anything?  You didn't see-no hear sorry- anyone coming?"

"Nope, not at all.  You were just sitting the entire time, and as far as I know, I didn't hear anyone coming,  unless my ears are just as crappier as my eyes."

"Oh, okay."  I say.

"Why? Is everything alright?" he asks me, and by the way he speaks, he shows concern.

"No, yeah, I'm fine." I say simply, trying hard to bite down the anger rising inside of me, and the tears filling in my eyes.  "Let's just go."

And so, we just go.

                                                                                                                                                     .                                               .                                               .

 Hope you liked this chapter!  If you did, make sure to tap that vote button (I'd really appreciate it :)), and if you have any suggestions or any opinions on my fanfic, just leave it in the comments below and I'll be sure to read it!  Thanks again! ;)