Part 13: Tonight

Hey everyone!  So I'm finally updating... I know I said I might update sooner than Friday, but that didn't happen, so yeah :/ sorry about that... anyways here's a new chapter for you all now and I hope you all enjoy and perhaps feel really excited about it too, okay? :D

                                                                                                                                                           .                               .                              .

After moments of considering Evan's and Issac's fairly reasonable response, my eyes light up as I reply, "Let's do it then."

Almost immediately after my answer, Issac holds up his right hand, palm facing Evan and I, and a wicked smile begins to form on his lips.  Evan reaches over the table and high-fives him with a loud, powerful smack, and I do the same.

We all just sit there for a couple of minutes with pesky grins playing across our faces, and excitment surging up through our bodies, while our eyes flicker with energy as we think over our plan.  I turn to look at Issac, whose hair is perked up in little spikes going off in different directions, his smile revealing his two rows of whitened teeth, and eyebrows raised high above his eyes under his shades.

Then, I peer at Evan, who seems to look the most excited about the plan.  His usually calm, green eyes with mellow speckles of chestnut now begin to illuminate small specks of louder, more eye popping cyan slashs in his eyes.  His eyes grow a bit wider, while his smile grows bigger as well, and his once slumped shoulders leaning against the frame of the chair now lift themselves into a straighter, proper posture.

I announce, "So when exactly are we going to carry out this plan of ours?"

Both Issac and Evan snap out of their thoughts when I say this, and look around appearing a bit confused.

"What?"  Issac asks me as he guides his attention towards me.

"Well, as I had said, when exactly are we going to carry out this plan of ours?"  I repeat to both Issac and Evan.

They both furrow their eyebrows for a moment, and then Evan answers, "We could do it tomorrow night.  Tomorrow's a school night for Monica, so she should be in bed by like at least ten o'clock or something.  Then, by midnight, we can easily sneak into her bedroom and do our job."

Issac nods his head slowly, but then objects, "When are we going to buy the supplies?"

"That night."  Evan answers right after, as if expecting the question, "We can all meet up at the front of my house at around eleven o'clock at night tomorrow, and then we can use my car and drive to the nearest retail store and get the supplies from there."

I begin to nod in agreement, and so does Issac.

Before Evan and I leave, Evan gives Issac his house address.

It's settled then.

Tomorrow night it is.

                                                                                                                                                           .                              .                            .

Tonight is the night.

The night we seek revenge on Monica.

I take a short glance at my clock on my cellphone for probably the millionth time today, and I quickly rise from my bed, from which I was laying on for hours just thinking about what reaction Monica will have the next morning after finish our job.  It's 10:53 p.m. I carefully, though eagerly, glide down the staircase to the front door of the house and reach for the key dangling from the key hook.  I begin to slide the key through the lock of the door, until I feel a light tap on my left shoulder.