Part 17 (Final Chapter): Last Decisions

Um, hi guys.  I realized that I've pretty much ditched this story for two whole months now, and honestly, I don't feel so great about doing that.  Like mentioned in my previous chapter, I really think it's time for me to actually end this fanfiction already.  For good.  This chapter, will be my final chapter of my fanfiction.  I'm actually a bit sad and upset that I'm ending it off the way I'm ending it off, but I think that this is my best option.  It was either ending it off in one final chapter, or leaving it incomplete for probably forever.  I'm going to try not to make this chapter sound rushed, but if it does, I'm sincerely sorry.  Originally I was going to have around three more chapters contributing to how the story was going to end, though I've made my final decision that this would be it.  Anyways, on to the chapter.  I hope you enjoy reading, okay? :,) 

                                                                                                                                                                 .                                .                                 .

 "I see living children playing with death."

His eyes bore deep into mine, and we seem to be staring at each other for forever.  His eyes don't blink, they stay steady on my eyes, and I don't blink either.  It feels like an eternity until I am faced with darkness.  Pure darkness.  There is nothing to be seen.  All around me, the darkness surrounds my entire body.  Entangling it's way through my arms and legs, twisting up my spine and pouring into my head.  

But I don't scream.  I don't shout.  I knew about this all along.  I knew that this was going to happen someday.  And that day is today.  I am going to accept it.  There's no need to fight this.  

Though something nags at me, something pulls on me, telling me that I'm not done.  That this is not over.    That I must fight...

And that's when my eyes open.

                                                                                                                                                                .                                .                                .

Beep... beep... beep.

"You, you're awake."  I hear.  A very familiar voice.  

And then I feel someone's arms wrap around me in a very gentle way.  Their warmth sends shivers up my body, and I feel their unsteady breaths against the side of my ear.  The person remains in their postion, for who knows how long, before unwrapping their arms and sitting on the side of my bare white bed.  My hospital bed... my hospital bed?

I lift my head up slowly, and move my eyes around the entire room.  The bare white room.  And I realize, I'm in the hospital.  How?  I have no idea.  Why?  I don't remember.  

I glance at the person sitting on the side of my bed.  It's a boy.  A boy with chestnut colored hair, fair skin, and gleaming emeralds as eyes.  It's Evan.  I watch as he stares out the window towards the back of the room.  His eyes seem a bit puffy, as if he has been crying for a long period of time.  And then he turns his head.  And looks at me.  His right hand reaches over and grabs mine, and he squeezes it quickly.  My hand remains in his, and he continues to stare.  His mouth opens slowly, but then he stops, so I speak up instead.