Part 2

Chapter 2

Asad was shocked to say the least. All he could do was continue staring at his wife. He wanted to pinch himself just to see if he was dreaming but refrained from doing so. He wanted so badly to gather her in his arms and just hold her there. But he controlled himself. Asad thought of all the moments he wished and imagined when she would come back. But she never did. Not for a whole year. Tears brimmed in his eyes. But he blinked them away cos they hurt too much. His heart felt like it would explode, she just called herself his wife. Does that mean she is back to stay, no he will not let trust love again. Where was she all this time? He thought. Ammi needed her, his ammi kept hurting for her and that made angry. She walked away, she made her choice and she choose to leave me alone... Kyun dard hai itna teri ishq main..

Zoya watched the play of emotions in his eyes and she felt her heart constrict, her tears where threatening to spill over. No Zoya, not for him. She recognised the last emotion all too well, that is the one that was solely reserved for her, Rage. Tanveer was now furious; she could let Zoya get back into Asad's life. She worked too hard and she didn't reach her ultimate goal as yet. No! Tanveer walked pass Zoya to Asad and touched his hand. She had to do something to stop him from falling in love with Zoya all over again. Asad flinched when Tanveer touched is hand. Zoya saw that and she flinched as well. Tanveer smiled "Jammy look who came to visit" said Tanveer sweetly. Zoya broke out of her trance, and smiled sweetly right back "No Tanveer, not visit, I am here to stay" announced Zoya. Asad looked at her in surprise - his heart smiled. Zoya was almost fooled into thinking that he just smiled. "But don't worry Tanveer, I am not here for anyone but ammi and Najma" continued Zoya. Asad thought he heard wrong, how many more surprises could his heart take. Did she just call his mother ammi? Asad really wanted to hug her now. He took a step forward towards her, but Tanveer had her hand on his, he stopped moving when he heard Zoya say "Ammi and Najma are my priority and I will take care of my family. You can go on with your family, I will not interfere" Zoya looked at Asad and Tanveer and continued "you two have a perfect little family, congratulations, now if you will excuse me my ammi needs me". All her words finally registered, Zoya thought him and Tanveer was married. Is she crazy. Asad's rage was beyond boiling point now. He finally found his voice " Miss Farooqi" Tanveer smiled. Zoya turned around to look at Tanveer smirking, "It's Mrs Khan, Mr Khan" said Zoya looking directly at Tanveer. Asad was a stuck for words again his heart was beating too fast "what exactly are you insinuating?" "Insinuating. No Mr Khan, I am stating the obvious. And like I said, I am here for my ammi, so I would appreciate if you stay out of my way." Said Zoya. Asad was now beyond furious. "Are you saying I cannot take care of my ammi" shouted Asad. "No Mr Khan, I am saying that as always you are too blinded and cannot see what is happening around you to take of ammi" said Zoya equally furiously. "How dare you Zoya" screamed Asad.

At that point Najma, rushed downstairs. Najma looked at the scene in front of her and was shocked. She had to do something. "bhaijaan, ammi" said Najma panicked. Asad dropped his bags and ran upstairs pass Zoya and Najma who followed him leaving Tanveer cursing her fate. Asad was at his mother's side in a heatbeat. Dilshaad had heard the shouting and knew her son was hurting. She knew how much he loved Zoya. Dilshaad looked into Asad's eyes and could see everything all the pain. She slowly picked her hand and caressed his cheek. Asad was shocked. He sank his cheek deeper into her palm and cried. "Ammi, ammi" was all he could say. Dilshaad slowly shook her hand as if telling if not to blame himself. At that point Tanveer walked in, she was shocked to Dilshaad lift her hand. No all her plans were working perfectly until Zoya came back. She had to do something quick. Asad bent down and hugged his mother. Najma and Zoya were holding each other's hand whilst silent tears made their way down their faces. "Bhaijaan, it's all cause of Zoya that ammi is getting better." Said Najma. Asad looked at his mother's face and wiped away her tears. Asad could believe that Zoya will be responsible for the joy in his home. Asad wiped his tears and looked at Zoya "thank you Miss, sorry Mrs Khan" and smiled a little. Zoya's heart was now galloping. Asad and Zoya's heart was having a silent conversation. When they were interrupted by a baby crying. Tanveer thanked her lucky stars "Jammy, seems that Aakheer knows you home," smirked Tanveer looking at Zoya.