Part 12

The Holy month had started and the first thing he had to was cleanse his home of evil starting with Tanveer..

Tanveer was almost beyond furious now. She was staring directly at Asad and she knew she just got played. Zoya felt Asad's muscle tighten; she lifted her hand and looked the in direction he was looking. She saw a very furious Tanveer with the papers in her hand. Zoya knew she could stop Asad today. The look in his eyes said it all. Zoya squeezed Asad's hand and stepped back and walked to Dilshaad , Najma and Aakeer. Zoya took Aakeer from Najma and held him close to her. Tanveer saw this and all the anger she was holding burst. She stormed up to Zoya and tried to pull Aakeer from Zoya's arms. Aakeer began to howl, Tanveer was pulling him really badly and Zoya was trying to protect him from getting hurt. "Tanveer, he is getting hurt let go of him. Tanveer, let go, you are hurting Aakeer" Zoya almost pleaded to Tanveer for Aakeer's sake. "Never! Zoya. He is my son and you cannot take him away from me" screamed Tanveer. Suddenly Tanveer was pushed away so hard that she fall a few feet away. Tanveer looked up and there stood Asad in front of his family protecting them. "Don't you dare Tanveer" roared Asad, "Don't you dare come near my family. Son, you calling Aakeer your son, the only thing you may share with him is blood. Have you ever been a mother to him. Aakeer was just a pawn in your sick game. You used your son, to manipulate me." Tanveer got up, dusted herself and faced Asad "You did exactly the same" she through back in his face and showed him the papers. Asad smiled and took a step forward "I took a page out of your book Tanveer". Tanveer always knew the sweet, caring Asad, she never know this cold calculating person that was in front of her now, she knew she had play another card, "Jammy, whatever I did I did for Aakeer's future. I am sorry if I tricked you but I didn't want my son to have nothing. His real abbu rejected him and I could see my son called names; I didn't want my son growing up without a father, "cried Tanveer trying to sound as sincere as possible. Asad looked over his should to family, Zoya was holding Aakeer tightly and Dilshaad and Najma had their hands around Zoya. Asad looked at Tanveer, "You know a while ago, I would have fell for that. Not now. If you really wanted all those things for Aakeer you would have atleast been a good mother to him. You know Tanveer I can maybe forgive you for everything you have done to me, but you purposely attacked the people I love. You tried to kill Zoya numerous times, and then you poisoned ammi," said Asad in an almost deadly whisper. Tanveer looked at Asad in shock, she is losing, and I have to think of something else "Jammy, I can't live without my son. Just like how you only had khala growing up with no abbu, my son needs me, "said Tanveer trying to grasp anything. Asad laughed, "That is a good one Tanveer. You don't want Aakeer because you love him, you want him because he is your pay cheque, and you know I would support him always. Wrong there, Tanveer. Aakeer does not need you, Zoya and I will bring him up as our own. He will lack in nothing. Look at your so called son Tanveer, "said Asad pointing at to Zoya holding Aakeer, "He is happier and at peace in Zoya's arm. Did you ever notice Aakeer happy or even smile with you. I have never seen Aakeer hold onto your finger like he does mine. But the first time Zoya touched him, he held onto her finger. You know nothing about your son, you may have given birth to him, but in Zoya he has found a mother" said Asad. Tanveer knew she had lost, "I will contest this in court" screamed Tanveer. Asad smiled again "it's obvious you didn't read the papers well enough. Keep the copy you have. I have already filed the adoption papers the day you signed it. It also stated that you will not try to contest the adoption and should you do so in the future, you agree to a trail. And in that trail you will be tried a criminal for fraud", Asad grabbed Tanveer's arm and pulled her through the house "it's time to cleanse my home of the evil that was residing in it. Get out Tanveer. I trusted you Tanveer, you were my best friend. I sided with you against my love, you poisoned my ammi under my own roof, you made me a fool in my own home, Tanveer for that I will never forgive myself. Just get out NOW" roared Asad, and he pushed Tanveer out the door and banged the door so hard that Zoya, Dilshaad and Najma actually jumped. Asad looked at the 3 of them with tears in his eyes and walked to his room with his head down.