Part 11

"No matter what happens I'll always be by your side...."

Zoya hugged Asad and Asad placed a soft kiss on the top of her head adjusting the dupatta on her head. Zoya smiled and went inside to find the appa. Asad walked towards Ayaan and Humera smiling. Humera saw Asad over Ayaan's shoulder and blushed, she tried to wriggle out of Ayaan's arms but Ayaan held her closer. Asad saw Humera's red cheeks and decided to help the girl. He smacked Ayaan over the head "What's happening here Ayaan Miya" asked Asad a little too loudly. Ayaan let go of Humera and smiled shyly to his bhaijaan. "Salaam Bhaijaan" said Humera softly. Asad returned his salaam. Asad looked at his baby brother and said "hits you like a freight train doesn't it". Ayaan just hugged his big brother "What a feeling "whispered Ayaan to Asad. Humera was confused and decided to take away some attention from herself. "Bhaijaan is Zoya baaji with you" asked Humera. "Ji, she is inside somewhere. What are you doing here Humera" asked Asad. "Bhaijaan, my dad is one of the chief donators and sponsors of this madressa, I come here when I need to get away from..." Humera stopped, Asad understood. Humera had been through alot in this one year. She lost her memory and when it returned she herself had found out the truth of the kind of evil woman her ammi was. Humera was the one that found badi bi and caught Raziya in the act of trying to kill badi bi. As Rajni Humera was brave enough to challenge Razia but as Humera she was a shattered daughter that lost all trust and faith in her mother. Asad admired Humera, he gently touched her head "I am going to find Zoya". As Asad was looking for Zoya, he thought how strange is life is - the man he that destroyed his family was actually the benefactor of the place that protected the love of his life. Small world thought Asad.

Meanwhile Zoya walked around the madressa, recalling all the times she cried in each place. This place offered her the protection when she needed it. First when her father abandoned her and then when she thought Asad abandoned her. Life sure does come full circle. She found her room and saw her prayer mat in the corner, she spread out the mat on the floor and began to pray. Zoya raised her hands in dua , "Mere maula, thank you for everything you have bestowed on my family. Please keep your grace forever on them. Khwaja, today we are here find out about my abbu. Give me the strength to accept whatever fate has put in my way. Thank you mere maula, for giving us Aakeer. Help me the best ammi to him. Help Mr Khan and I be the parents that that little boy deserves. I know Mr Khan and I still have alot to get through give us the strength to face all this together. Finding my abbu was always important to me, but you gave me a family that made up for what I had lost. I just hope my past does not affect my today and our future. Ya Allah, today is chand raat and you holy month starts, grant us the strength to get rid of the evil that resides in our home". Asad saw Zoya kneeling in prayer. He slowly sat next to her, covered his head and raised his hand dua as well "Mere maula, please grant Zoya's prayer and grant me her love forever". Zoya finished her prayer, as she turned, she saw Asad praying. Her heart smiled. Asad finished his prayer and looked at Zoya.

dhundhla jaayein jo manzilein

(the destinations will blur...)

ek pal ko tu nazar jhuka

(if you lower your eyes a moment...)

jhuk jaye sar jahan wahi

(the head bows down right there itself...)

milta hain rab ka rasta

(where the route to The One is found...)

teri kismat tu badal de

(come and change your destiny...)

rakh himmat bus chal de

(have courage and just move on...)