Epilogue

Epilogue..

6 months later...

The Khan Mansion was in utter chao's. Asad leaned back into his chair at the office and closed his eyes. It was safer to be here at the moment. As he thought this precise words..he heard abbu abbu abbu, it was his ringtone. He had recorded the first time Aakeer called him abbu and Zoya had set it as his ring tone and being the IT geek that his wife is - he had no idea how to remove it. He looked at the caller ID - Mrs Zoya Asad Ahmed Khan, he smiled. That was his doing. Zoya had become his everything. His life would be incomplete without her. Asad took a deep breath in and hit answer "Yes Mrs Khan" he smiled, "Mr Khan, where are you? There is so much to do at home and you are not even here. I told you not to go to the office. You know it's Nikhat and Najma's engagement as well as Aakeer's birthday and Ayaan and Humera come back from their honeymoon today. I know Zoya Farooqi - sorry Khan can do everything. But Mr Khan some help would be nice "Zoya continued her rant. Asad kept quiet and still smiling he pick up his SUV keys and started walking out the door. Zoya finally kept quiet. "Hello, Hello Mr Khan, are you there? Asad" asked Zoya. "Yes Zoya I am here. I am on way to the airport to fetch Ayaan and Humera. I will fetch the cake on the way & don't stress. Imraan and Farhan want to stop at their ammi's grave before they come to us, I have already spoken to them. So you have a few hours. So don't stress. Main hoon na "teased Asad. "Main hoon na, my foot" said Zoya, "Where you this morning, when I woke up. You know I hate waking up alone" asked Zoya angrily. Busted! Thought Asad "Zoya, eerr" stuttered Asad, "Yes Mr Khan, I am listening" retorted Zoya, "Zoya, I left early before the mad house inmates woke up" said Asad all in one breathe. Zoya laughed and Asad smiled "Mr Khan, if we are inmates of the mad house you are then you definitely the mad house master". Asad listened to Zoya laugh, "I love you Zoya" whispered Asad. Zoya blushed "I love you too Asad, Hamesha" and with that Zoya cut the call.

As Asad drove to the airport, he reflected on the past 6 months. His life did a 360. The day they walked away from their father's grave, they became in every sense Mr and Mrs Asad Ahmed Khan. When they entered Khan Villa - things are awkward to say the least. Zoya immediately took charge he remembered. She showed the girls their room and made them comfortable. Asad took care of his ammi's - it took Shirin awhile to get use to Khan Villa being her home but she came around eventually. He remembered the shock they got when Zoya ordered them pizza for supper. They laughed for the first time that day, when Zoya explained how pizza is the perfect solution to a healthy diet as it has all the proteins and vitamins needed. She was the life of his house but now she became the heart of their home as well. Zoya had encouraged Shirin to join Dilshaad with her charities - she explained how woman need to independent and self sufficient. She gave Shirin a new lease on life. Shirin had found her calling. Asad laughed when he remembered when she told him she suspected Najma and Nikhat to be in love and when he asked her how she knows, she said she knows everything. He remembered how she got caught sneaking around the university campus in her Bond disguise and how the campus security called him to bail her out. Crazy, she is absolutely crazy, but he wouldn't have had her any other way. Instead of being furious at her like the last time he was called to bail her out, this time he joined in her investigation. And it's that investigation that has led to Najma and Nikhat getting engaged today to 2 brothers. Zoya had done all the research, Imraan and Farhaan were orphans but they worked very hard for everything in their lives - the only things Imraan and Farhan asked for was that be part of family. That's all they wanted and his crazy family just got bigger. Zoya was reminiscing over the past 6 months as well. She sat with her ammi's who were busy selecting jewellery for tonight, she looked around at her home, sorry mad house like Mr Khan says. Nuzhat was applying mendhi for Nikhat and Najman whilst Aakeer was now walking - he was the apple of his daadi's eye. Only missing was Ayaan and Humera. Ayaan and Humera, she smiled thinking about them. It took awhile for Humera to get out of guilt. Zoya tried her best. But this time it was Asad who came to the rescue. Zoya remembered the day when she saw Humera crying outside in the garden holding the music box just like how she use to, it broke her heart to see her sister like that. Zoya rushed out to Humera but was surprised to find Asad there already comforting her sister like he did with her once upon a time. She remembered Asad had wiped her tears and comforted her. They went somewhere that night. Both Ayaan and Zoya never questioned them as to where they went, because when Humera came back she was back to being her happy smiling, cheerful self. Nobody asked any questions - they were just grateful she was back. When Asad and Zoya was alone that night, Asad told Zoya that he took Humera to see Razia. Humera needed closure and that is what he gave her. Ayaan and Humera were married the month later. And Asad and Zoya did Humera's rukhsati just as they had promised.