Part 18

Asad looked towards his angels again and then heaven's "Thank you Allah..."

Asad stared at his own personal angel all night. It was time for sehri. Dilshaad saw Asad's light on and went to his room. She knocked on his door and entered, she saw his laptop on his lap and was about to scold him for working so late, when she saw his expression, she knew he wasn't working Asad had tears in his eyes and a smile on his lips that you could see came straight from his heart, he had one hand on Aakeer and the other on the laptop screen. Dilshaad didn't have to guess what her son was looking at. She closed her eyes and offered a prayer that her son's love lasts not like hers. With that she smiled and closed the door. Asad did not even notice his ammi at the door. He was too lost looking at his sleeping angel. Just then he heard a knock on Zoya's door and saw the door open, who could be going into Zoya's room so early in the morning. The figure came closer to Zoya and Asad's heart started to beat faster " he wanted to shout at her to wake up. The figure came into view, it was Siddiqi sahib. He couldn't see Asad as the display on Zoya's iPad was off but the webcam was still on. Siddiqi sahib sat next to Zoya. He saw the music box next to Zoya's iPad, he smiled sadly and closed the box, he then noticed Zoya was holding something, he removed the frame from her hand, he frowned a little. Asad who was watching all this was very curious to see what Zoya was holding and why didn't he notice that she was holding a frame. Siddiqi sahib placed the frame next to the iPad. And loving touched Zoya's head. Asad saw a tear form in his eyes, the same tears that Asad had in his eyes when he was watching his angel sleep. "I am sorry beta" said Siddiqi sahib to a sleeping Zoya. Asad was now very curious he turned the volume up on his laptop. "I am to blame for all the pain you experienced in your life. I am a weak man and a selfish man and you were caught in the middle of everything. I never wanted to give you up. Please know that. I wish I could give you all the answers you want. But if I do you will hate me. I just found you I can't lose you. I understand that as much I want to stay with me forever and I hate the fact that you are married to Asad " I can't ask anything of you especially ask you to leave him, I was hoping that after staying here and showering you with all the love I had reserved for you would not want to go back to Asad but I know you are happy with him and my bachi, your happiness is all that I want. Like I said I am weak man, and beta right now your happiness makes me weak, I will for your sake and just to keep you in my life except the fact that Asad Ahmed Khan is my son in law. I have no ill feelings against him. In fact all that he has done in his life is admirable but I couldn't ignore the fact that he is Dilshaad's son " the one woman who has all the power to take away all my sisters happiness. I resented him for that. But beta, seeing how you turned out and how much love you receive from that home, it humbles me and makes me realise how wrong I was in treating that family that way." Siddiqi sahib wiped his tears and saw Zoya's burn, Asad saw Siddiqi's reaction to the burn and he looked almost guilty. Asad was in shock at all that he heard, he didn't know how to react or what to think. More tears began to flow from Siddiqi Sahib's eyes "I am so sorry Zoya, I was supposed to protect you. I am sorry, please forgive me." Siddiqi sahib wiped his tears, "Zoya meri bachi, maybe I can never say this you when you are awake, but beta, I love you very much. And I wish you and Asad all the happiness in the world. Tomorrow when I hand you over to him, I will be a proud father in my heart I will be doing your rukhsati" Siddiqi sahib wiped his tears and bent down to kiss Zoya on her head. Asad actually felt sorry for this man and he felt a little guilty for listening to the conversation. But Asad was glad he did, it showed him another side to man whom he hated all his life. Asad was surprised that he actually had tears in his eyes after listening to his Siddiqi Sahib's confession, Asad wiped his tears and looked at the screen again, he noticed a shadow on the wall " someone was listening to their confession. Asad saw Zoya stir, Siddiqi Sahib wiped his tears quickly and smiled at Zoya. Zoya looked surprised, she rubbed her eyes and said "Salaam abbu" she said smiling. Gaffur Ahmed Siddiqi smiled like he was handed the world, he touched Zoya's head and said "Salaam beta". Zoya smiled "you here abbu, did you need anything" asked Zoya sitting up, "No Zoya, I just came to wake up for sehri" said Siddiqi sahib. "Okay, abbu " give me 10 minutes I will be down shortly". "Take your time beta" said Siddiqi sahib walking out of Zoya's room closing the door. Zoya raised her in dua and rubbed her hands over her face. She looked at the frame and said "good morning hubby and my baby boy" as she kissed the frame. Asad was mesmerised by her, she always did look beautiful but this morning she looked like she was radiating sunshine. Zoya smiled at the frame and said, "I hope you did get some sleep Mr Khan. Looks like my iPad battery died, oh well. Wish granted my hubby, love you lots" and she jumped out of bed and ran into the shower. Asad decided it was time he got out of bed too. He kissed a sleeping Aakeer and said "Your ammi is mad" and smiled as he walked to the bathroom.