Part 15

Zoya walked tentatively and slowly towards her father. When she finally stood in front of him, she whispered "abbu". And that broke Siddiqi sahib's heart, he hugged Zoya in a fierce hug and both cried for the relationship fate had denied them...

There was a collective sigh of relief that went off in the room. There was not a dry eye on the room. For Asad there was a range of emotions going through his heart. He was happy for Zoya and at the same time he felt some fear for the first time. Zoya cried her heart out of abbu's chest. Siddiqi sahib pulled back a little and kissed Zoya on her head. Zoya closed her eyes. Thank you Allah Miya said Zoya in her head. Siddiqi sahib wiped her tears, Zoya smiled "Abbu, I had planned this in my head since I was a little girl, that when I meet you all the questions I will ask. But now I am completely blank. I have been looking for you almost all my life" said Zoya softly. Siddiqi sahib smiled, "It was the same for me. Every time I saw Humera I thought of you. I am so sorry my bachi, I could not be there for you circumstances where such. Had I been there for you and had the strength to fight for you back then, things would have been different" said Siddiqi looking around to where he is. But it's not too late he thought. Asad did not miss that remark. He fisted his hand. Dilshaad held onto his fist. Siddiqi looked at Zoya's baby picture again, "Your ammi insisted that you were this dress in the in this picture. I wanted you to wear a salwar. But your ammi always got her way" said Siddiqi sahib recalling that memory, "I am really sorry about your ammi Zoya. I really don't know what happened to her. All I got was news that she had died and when you were brought to me Razia was already pregnant and could not take of you. In my heart I didn't want to give you away Zoya. But I had to for the sake of my family "explained Siddiqi sahib. Zoya smiled and said:

"Jo kwaashish he use paane ke dua rakhne, jo kismat ne diya usse qubool karna ki himmat rakhne"

Asad smiled at his wife, he felt so proud of Zoya. Siddiqi sahib was surprised "Abbu, I always wished that I would find you and prayed for this, and whatever life gave me I had the strength to except it" said Zoya, "I have no complaints from you or life. Knowing that you remember me is enough for me. Whatever I prayed for I have received more than that "she continued looking over her shoulder and her family "Allah miya has been very kind to me, I got the most wonderful family and the best husband in the world" said Zoya. Siddiqi sahib's face turned into a frown when Zoya said that. Zoya saw her abbu's expression and took his hand in hers "Abbu, I came to India looking for you, but instead of finding my abbu I got a whole family. Abbu, whatever happened in the past is just that the past, it should not define our future. Abbu, I expect nothing of you. But now that I found you I don't want to lose you and I also don't want to lose my family. Abbu, if you except me you accept my family as well cos I am nothing without them. Abbu, I am not telling you what to do I am just letting you how I feel" said Zoya, with tears in her eyes. Siddiqi wiped Zoya's tears. Aakeer had now fallen asleep on the carpet; Asad saw this and went to pick him up. Asad picked Aakeer up and stood next to Zoya. Zoya looked at Asad and smiled Asad returned her smile and turned to walk away, Zoya held his hand to stop him "Abbu, this is my husband Asad Ahmed Khan " everyone looked at Zoya confused, Zoya smiled and continued "I know you know each other, but today I am introducing you to your son in law, the man that I love more than my life, the man that gave me the strength today to stand her and face you, the man that saved my life so many times and the man that will gladly hand me over to you because he will do anything to keep me happy" Asad now had tears in his eyes, "and abbu this is our son, Aakeer your grandson". At this Siddiqi sahib was shocked. Dilshaad explained, "Asad and Zoya adopted Aakeer". Asad could still sense Siddiqi sahib's hesitance. He excused himself saying that he had to put Aakeer down for his nap. Siddiqi sahib watched Asad walk away and said to Zoya "Zoya beti, if I ask something of you will you deny me, I know you are the child and you should be asking me but I am asking, please don't deny me " saying this he took Zoya's hand in his, Zoya looked into her father's eyes and prayed silently Allah Miya, please don't make my abbu ask for me for something I cannot give "Zoya, please come home and live with me" asked Siddiqi sahib. Zoya let out that breath she was holding. Everyone in the room was quite. Zoya looked at her abbu, "Abbu, when a girl gets married her sasural becomes her home. Abbu, I have so many values in me to know that I cannot leave my home to come live with you. Abbu I am not far away now, we can see each other whenever we want" explained Zoya. Siddiqi knew he was losing, he had to say something "teek hai, then come and stay with me for a few days, until Eid. Let me spend some moments alone with me daughter in my home, give me that chance to have that memory of you in your own home" pleaded Siddiqi sahib and he looked at Humera for support. Humera came and held onto Zoya, "baaji please. It's only a few days. Come home" Humera pleaded as well. Zoya looked at her sister and then Dilshaad and Najma, she could not see Asad anywhere why hadn't he come back. "Abbu, I need to speak to Asad. Can I let you know tomorrow" asked Zoya. Siddiqi nodded and kissed Zoya on the head again and turned to leave not giving a second glance to Dilshaad. Humera hugged Zoya and said good bye to Dilshaad and Najma. Ayaan kissed Dilshaad and told her to take care of bhai-jaan.