Part 13

"I am sorry Asad, I am sorry..."

And with that Zoya fainted. Asad picked Zoya up like the fragile please of glass. He held her close as he carried her to the room. Everyone followed Asad into his room. He laid Zoya down and covered her. Ayaan had already called the doctor. Dilshaad sat next to Zoya holding her hand whilst Asad just stared at Zoya's limp figure. Ayaan checked on his brother and went outside to help Najma clean the floors. Everyone was thinking of what had happened. Dilshaad looked at Asad and held his hand. This brought him out of trance, "I knew ammi, I knew that Zoya was Guffar Siddiqui's daughter" confessed Asad. Asad felt relieved to finally have let it out. Dilshaad was shocked at first then she realised that her son was hopelessly in love with Zoya. Dilshaad pulled Asad's hand so he could come down to her level instead Asad moved to sit next to Zoya's head, with his free hand he gently began moving the hair from her face. "Asad, I am really proud. I just want you to know that. And whatever you decide, just remember that a child should not pay for the sins of a father" said Dilshaad comforting her son. Ayaan and Najma walked in with the doctor. Dilshaad moved aside but Asad did not move, he continued to hold onto Zoya's hand. Aakeer started crying to go to Zoya, Zoya eyes began to move like she was trying to respond to Aakeer's crying. The doctor checked Zoya and said there is nothing to worry about. All the stress had finally gotten to her, she just fainted because her body needs nutrition. The doctor explained that Zoya needs to take extra care during the month of Ramzaan as she is anaemic. There is nothing to worry about, when she wakes up just feed her and try not to stress her out. Ayaan walked the doctor out and Najma and Dilshaad stood held Aakeer. Aakeer was still sobbing for Zoya. Asad could see the restlessness in Zoya because she couldn't get to Aakeer. He took Aakeer from Dilshaad and seated him next to Zoya. Zoya calmed down alittle, Aakeer started touching Zoya trying to wake her up. Dilshaad and Najma's heart went out that little baby; it was evident how much he loved Zoya. Ayaan came in handed the glucose to Najma, Ayaan knew he had to get home. Humera needed to know. Ayaan squeezed Asad's should and kissed Aakeer on the head, he walked over to Dilshaad and Najma hugged them good bye.

Dilshaad came over and sat at one of the end and Najma sat on the other. Asad was still staring at Zoya whilst Aakeer was still trying to get her to respond to him. Aakeer started crying and went into Asad's arms. Zoya felt the cold air where Aakeer was. Asad picked up Aakeer "Aakeer miya, your ammi is just resting she is absolutely fine. Nothing will happen to her. You abbu will make sure that nothing will happen to her. Your ammi needs to realise that no matter what, we are always with her". Dilshaad saw a tear make its way down Zoya's cheek, Dilshaad knew then Zoya was listening and she said "Aakeer beta, you ammi is the strongest woman I know, she is a ray of sunshine to us all. Nothing will ever change how much we love her and who she is, she is the happiness of our home". Asad looked at his ammi and saw that she was talking to Zoya. He also knew that Zoya was somehow listening to whatever they were saying "Aakeer, your ammi is my life and nothing will change that. Not even who her abbu is. She needs to understand that the past does not matter to me. All that matters is that she is with me. And whatever life throws at us we will face it together." Asad leaned down and kissed Zoya's forehead. "I think we should let Zoya rest. Asad Aakeer will sleep with us, you take care of your wife" said Dilshaad. Najma took a very sleepy Aakeer from Asad and Dilshaad kissed Asad good night.

Asad was now alone with Zoya, he slowly slept next to her, He took Zoya in his arms and held her close "Zoya, I know you are listening to me. I knew about your abbu yesterday only," Asad could feel Zoya move her eyelids in surprise against his chest "I know you are surprised and you want to know why I didn't tell you, I wanted to be sure Zoya not because of the reasons you are thinking, I admit I was shocked but Zoya the only thing that was going through my mind at that time was that I had to be sure, I couldn't put your hopes up to have the ruined if that wasn't true. Zoya I told you before, I don't care who your abbu is and I just want you to be happy. Zoya, it's only because of you I can put my past behind me. You have made my present and future so beautiful that I have don't any place for my past in my life now," Asad felt more tears flow down Zoya's face, "Zoya, you said the sins of the father should not be paid for by the child, Zoya how can I now blame you for something you are not to be blamed for. Zoya, your love has given me so much strength that I can actually forgive your abbu for everything he has done to my family, only for you Zoya" Asad felt Zoya's hands tighten around him, and then he heard a whisper "I love you Asad". Asad pulled Zoya even closer and kissed on the top of her head "I love you too Zoya, forever and always" and with that they both drifted off to sleep.