What If I Can't Forget You? Part 42

Hannah's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what Tony had given me..a promise ring. This was really unexpected and sweet from him. I was completely speechless, tears formed in my eyes.

"I have to head home, mom is getting worried." Tony said with a half smile.

"Awww, why so soon Tony?"

"My mom gets worried when I'm not there without her knowing where I am..I'll be back tomorrow, I promise." He kissed me on the cheek and left. I watched him the whole way, until he disappeared down the street. I smiled and walked back inside. But one thing that shot through my mind was "Jason moved here." Why would he move to San Diego? He has the best life back in Florida. I didn't want my past to come back to me. I thought that by moving here, I could start again, start fresh as a new me. I had to forget about my old self and think about my new self. Jason was my first "true" love. We had dated for 3 years, but now he's just somebody that I used to know.

"Can we talk?" I got a text from Jason.

"...idk."

"Please Hannah."

"What about?"

"Can we?"

"When?"

"Whenever I guess."

"Tomorrow @7 then."

"Got it."

"Bye."

"Bye"

I get why we need to talk, but I feel like I'm just not ready to talk to the one who had hurt me so much in the end. The old memories would soon come back to me, and I am deeply afraid of that. But I have to overcome this fear.

I look down at my promise ring and smiled. It was a beautiful diamond ring that sparkled like I have never seen before. I smiled as a tear escaped from my eye. Tony really does love me..and I really do love him as well.

His words still replay in my head

"A promise that I will love you no matter what...."

I thought, when I arrived here, I would never be able to love someone as much as I loved Jason. But I was wrong, I found Tony and being with him has been the most amazing thing ever.

I didn't realize I was crying until i felt my vision get blurry. And, for the first time, they were happy tears.