Grounded

" You went to do a study project, dressed like that? " says the most terrifying voice known to all man kind. " I have no choice but to ground you, Nicole Brooks , you are officially grounded! No more going out of the house, now go to your room! " says my Mum. I am so happy! At least, she didn't ask what I was doing. " Before you leave, what exactly were you doing? And don't tell me that you went for a 'study project'. I am your Mother, I know when you lie! " she says.

I was so close! Why did't she just let me go up the stairs and leave me alone?! " Mum! Before you say anything else, let me explain myself! ". " What? " she replies. " Um...I have a boyfriend! And don't worry because you know him! It's- ". " What? You had a boyfriend all along? Why didn't you say so? You are not grounded! ". " Really? " I exclaim.

" NO! You can't ever get away with something like this! Now who is he? " she shouts as I walked towards her, very scared. " Well, I would've told you a minute ago but you just had to interrupt. It's...Hugh. My old friend? Remember him? " I tried. " OHHHH MYYY GODDDD! HUGH GREY! YOUR CRUSH! YOU ARE REALLY NOT GROUNDED! ". " Are you kidding? " I say. " Of course...not! Wait, so you are his girlfriend? Ok, you are not grounded! " says Mum. " Can you please stop lying? " I say. " Honey, why didn't you tell me? This is big! You could've just told me that you couldn't do the posters as you had a date!" she says.

" Mum, I didn't want to let you down! You know I'm like that! I told you for days that I was going to do a favor and it just messed up! And I know that Moms are way more important than boyfriends but...I just couldn't help it! Hugh is the one, Mom! After Hugh and I went our separate ways, it was so hard for me to get back on my feet and move on! I went on 2 dates after we broke and they both didn't make me feel as if I was with Hugh. He made me feel something I have never felt before. I just can't explain it...and you would understand if you were in my place. I couldn't let go of the only opportunity I had with him. " I burst. Tears run down my face. The more and more I think of Hugh, the more and more I cry. " Honey, I didn't know he was such a big thing in your life. I understand you didn't want to let me down. I didn't know you felt that way. Nicole, I won't give you such a big punishment. 1 weeks grounding? " she asks. " You are actually asking me? Well, because I know you are very OCD about not lying, I will take the grounding. Mum, I'm really sorry! I'm sorry I disappointed you... " I say as I walk slowly towards the stairs.

Before I walk up a step, Mum puts her hand on my shoulder and turns me around. She wraps her hands around me and I do the same. " I love you Honey! You could never disappoint me! " she says. " I love you too, Mom! I promise that I'll get the posters to you by tomorrow morning. " I say. " Take your time! " she says. Her voice fades away as I rush upstairs to get to work.

I have 50 posters to make for tomorrow. I really do wish we had a printer. Well, before I get to work, I have to call bae and tell him that I can't do anything until next week. Bae! Yay! Thanks so much universe...for hearing my prayers to get me and Hugh closer than we ever were...

Bonjour! How did you like this chapter? I know it is a little short! Very emotional! So quick shoutout to cardboardhedgehogs  . She had been wanting Nicole's mum to let her down easy but I couldn't do that! Part of the love story rules! Anyway, I made it a little less mean then I had wanted it to be...so this time her Mum still loves her! Yay! Hehehe! Thanks for reading!

Clue: 8 cupcakes, 7 mini cakes, 5 cookies and 10 scones.

~ Maylese