The Most Fun I've Had In Years...

So as Hugh and I set off for an adventure together, I wonder if this is a good chance to tell him I like him. I rethink and say to myself that it is a bad idea. I'm going to fast for this. He would think I'm crazy! So he takes my hand and we run into the distance...that is what happens in my dreams. He actually just says, " Come on, then! ". Not the best, but he tried!

We start to walk to Starbucks where we meet Mia once again. Hugh and her talk for a while. At first I was ok with it, but then I started to feel a burning sensation. What is it called?! Um...ah-hah! Thank you reader! Ya! Jealousy! I started to feel jealous. I had never felt this way (except when Rachel (neighbor) interferes with Tom and I's morning walks! I hate that girl!). I think he might have a thing for her,   I soon realize he doesn't. Is making fun of a girl a signal that a guy likes her?

After he gives me my Frappe, we walk out and he says, " So...what now? ". What now?! Has he EVER hung out with a girl! He was the one who even said he wants to hang out with me! At least try Hugh! We have known each other for years! It's like he reads my mind as he says, " I know you may think I'm crazy not knowing what to do as I was the one who wanted to hang out with you. It's just that...I haven't hung out with you for so long, I really don't know what to do. I mean like, what if you've changed? ". " Then this the chance we take to get to know each other! " I say. I want to comfort Hugh because I know this is awkward and I want to make this as fun as possible.

I walk him to a bench a few inches away from us and we sit down. " So- " I say and then suddenly stop and I knew exactly why. " Oh hey! " says a familiar voice from across the street. " Hey Nicole! Rachel and I are on a date. By the way, this date could've never happened if it wasn't for you! I mean you gave me all those tips on talking to girls! " Tom says. The burning sensation arrives again. That should be me! " Ya! Thanks so much! " says Rachel as they walk away.

" I was supposed to be Rachel! Under his arms hugging him until he can't breathe! That should be meeee! " I say loud enough for Hugh to here. " New crush, eh? " he says. " Ya." I say sadly. " It's ok. I feel your pain. The other day, Eva, my crush, told me she has a date with this guy named Trent. She thanked me for giving her all the interests of boys. I haven't talked to her since then... " he finishes. He puts his hand around me and holds me close. I suddenly feel like all the pain in the world is gone.

After 2 minutes of cuddling him (as I call it), he takes his hand off my shoulders and says, " Did that feel better? ". " Yes. A lot! " I reply. " Well, let's go have some fun! " he says as he pulls my sore body up from the bench. " Why are you so...floppy? " he asks. " First of all: " I say, " Floppy? Second of all: I get lazy when cuddling something...or someone...".

" Good to know! Now, if you don't mind, adventure is awaiting! " he says as we laugh and take off. We first go to the fountain in the Nevada Mall. It's called the Central Fountain. It's where you go, drop a penny with your wish counting on it and hope it comes true. Hugh pulls out 2 pennies from his pocket and gives one to me. " Thanks, but next time, I pay for my wishes. " I say as I drop my penny into the water. It makes a small splash and sinks to the bottom. After a few long seconds, Hugh mimics me and before we leave, I had to do something. I took Hugh's head and dumped it into the water as he checked if both out pennies are safe. " Woah! Savage! " he says when he calms from the shock.

" As always..." I say. " Man! I'm getting revenge! Watch your back girl! " he says. I start walking and he walks behind me, but what I don't know is that he has a trick up his sleeves already. He knows I have a phobia of spiders so he uses the advantage and tickles me with his fingers on the back of my leg. " Ahhh! " I scream. I hear his giggles from behind me and I start to run after him. Soon enough, I start chasing him or he chases me around the mall. People must think we are insane. Well...that is who we are.

We stop chasing each other after 5 minutes and take a break. At this point, we have reached the entrance of the mall and are resting against the pillars. " My god! " I say. " That was worth a 'my god' ! Wait 'till you see what I have in store for us. " he says. The man is a freak...I like it! " I like how you think bro! Bring it on! " I say. For some reason, my inner beast comes alive only when Hugh is around. Otherwise, I'm the sweety everyone knows. Weird to be like this, but it's awesome at the same time!

Our day goes on, with more chasing. Then like typical love stories, it starts to rain and he puts his jacket around me. It's summer! Who wears jackets?! Anyway, its leather! What the heck! Leather is SO expensive! I like him! A lot! Omg! I just said that! I'm head over heels for that boy! Stop it Nicole! Get to together! Ok...back to the best day of my life...ugh!

It's evening and he walks me home. " I can't believe I've seen you after years and it still seems like I've known you forever. " he says outside the front step to the door.   " Thanks for such an amazing day! You really brought out the inner beast! " I say.
" It's not a beast! It's who you've always been...you just needed someone like me to bring it out. " he says. " Ok, that was cheesy but inspirational. Thanks one more. Maybe we could do this again. " I say hoping he says yes. " Why not?! Here. " he says as he passes me a piece of paper. " This so my number. Text when you're free. I'm free anytime. I'll see you hopefully very soon..." he says. " And keep the jacket...". " Bye..." I say and open the door to my house. As always, Mum is there waiting for me to come home for dinner. She asks me about my day, but I don't tell her anything about Hugh. No one will ever know.

I go up after spaghetti and meatballs and change. Immediately, I jump onto bed and add Hugh to my contacts. Surprisingly he is online. It's like he knew I would be there. We chat and chat for hours and hours...

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading 'The Most Fun I've Had In Years...'. I love this chapter. What do you think is going to happen next? Tell me in the comments! I want to know! I'm really proud of this chapter as I wrote in one day! Woo-hoo!

Clue: Even more romance and comedy coming up...

~ Maylese