Life Has it's Ups and Downs

I wake up to a kinda normal day. I have 'ok' vibes. Weird. I don't freshen up but instead have a feeling to do something else: work out.

I'm kinda weird in that way, just wanting to do random things. And anyway, I haven't worked out in a month! So I put on a cute workout outfit:

 And anyway, I haven't worked out in a month! So I put on a cute workout outfit:

I go downstairs and make a workout milkshake. White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Shake. It may be a weird combination, but trust me, it's so good!

I see Dad come out of his room with bags in his hands as I gulp my shake. "Here are the papers, just sign them." he says. "Fine, I will!" Mum shouts. "What is going on?" I ask curiously. "None of your business, Nicole.". He gave me attitude and called me "Nicole"? "Don't talk like that to my daughter! Now...GET OUT!" she screams. What? Is Dad...leaving? I slip my phone and earphones into my pocket and run over to Dad. "Dad. NO! Mum, you aren't just gonna let him leave, are you?" I try to defend their relationship. "Nicole. Move. NOW!" Dad screams. He pushes me, opens the door and walks out. Just like that. I follow Dad out after a few seconds, realizing what just happened.

By the time I step out onto the front porch and into the Toronto breeze, Dad is in the taxi and driving away. I decide to run after the taxi but a few blocks later, I give up. I turn around and see my fit Mum running towards me. "Honey! Your father and I are done. I'm sorry." she pants. "I realized." I reply and start running. "Nicole!" I hear my Mum's voice slowly fading away. I run to the first place that comes to my mind: Hugh's apartment.

I run in the building, the security asks, "Um. Ma'am, what apartment?". "Apartment 1407, the Greys." I reply through my tears. When she nods, I run over to the elevator and harshly press the buttons. I find the stairs and run up them as I was impatient. Luckily, Hugh's apartment is just opposite the stairs. I ring the doorbell once.

Ding-Dong!

"Coming!" says a familiar voice as I was about to ring it again. "Hello, how may-" Mrs. Grey stops. "Hi, Mrs. Grey." I cry. "Hugh! Hugh!" she yells out as Hugh comes running towards the door. "Ya Mu-" he also stops. "Nicole." he says as he pulls me into the house. "What happened?" he asks as we sit on the couch. "Um..." I hesitate. "Is Mrs Brooks okay?" Hugh's mum asks. "It's not Mrs anymore. It's Ms." I tell them. "My parents are divorced.". "Nicole." Hugh says as a tear rolls down my face and he pulls me in for a hug. "I'm so sorry. Tim! Please make some coffee!" Mrs. Grey calls out to her husband. "Babe, tell me what happened. What made this happen?" Hugh asks.

"Me."

"I'm sorry, what? My princess made this happen? Nicole. Stop blaming this on you!" Hugh scolds me as Hugh's Dad comes in with the coffee and joins us on the couch. "Seriously, Hugh! My Dad always seemed mad at everything that happened with me and you, what I did to others and our plans. He never said anything. Now I know why. He was disappointed." I reply, taking a sip of the hot drink.

I jump as the phone in my pocket rings. Mum. I decline it. "Hon, your Mum." his mother says. I get startled again as the phone in their house rings. Mum probably. "Hello?" Mrs. Grey says. I hear muffles from the landline, "Yes, yes, that's fine." Mrs. Grey replies and cuts the phone. "Who was that? My Mum? I am outta here." I say. But a hand grabs my waist and sits me back down, "You aren't going anywhere, Missy." Hugh says. "That was just the company I ordered from. They said they won't be delivering my package until tomorrow." Mrs. Grey responds.

We sit quietly. I finish my coffee and thank Hugh's Dad and go back to quiet. The silence is broken by someone at the door. Mrs. Grey gets up and I try to as well but Hugh just won't get of me! "Come in." she says. I see a familiar lady, one that let me down horribly.

"Nicole, honey" says my Mum.

"Mum. Why are you here? Were you lying to me, Mrs. Black?" I ask. "Yes, she was," Mum interrupts Mrs. Grey, "And I'm here to tell you the actual reason why your father left.".

"Basically, your father loved me in the beginning, he loved me a lot. But after I had you, he hated me. I always paid attention to you and he felt like I didn't care about him. He felt like I wasn't making the right decisions. That is why we argued and he left." Mum explains. "It was never you fault.". "Mum, I'm sorry." I say, "I have put you through all this pressure.". "Honey! Never! You have never ever done that! It was just your Dad. Don't worry." she says, comforting me. "Well, it's time to laugh! Turn that frown upside down, babe! Let's watch a movie! Spider-Man: The Homecoming?" Hugh asks as we all laugh. "I'll get the CD and meet y'all in the TV room!" Mr. Grey says.

Hugh and I plop down on the huge beanbag while the parents sit on the sofa. "Everything is gonna be alright." Hugh whispers in my ear and puts a hand around me as I put my head on his shoulder.

Then the movie starts...

Hey! How did you like this chapter? Was it a surprise? Sorry that it wasn't that long tho! I didn't want the chapter to end in misery, so I made it happy! I haven't watched "Spider-Man: The Homecoming" yet but will watch it with my Dad soon! Super excited!

Clue: special day for me!

~ Maylese