The Disastrous But Amazing Text

Finally! The 1 week of grounding is over! That took time! So quick update: I made the posters after the date and put them around the block in the morning. We had 5 days until the bake sale. We had a lot to do! The bake sale lasts 2 days! So I guess my whole week of grounding was just a whole week of preparing for the bake sale and then doing the bake sale. In all, we earned $150 and sold 8 cupcakes, 7 mini cakes, 5 cookies and 10 scones. It was a lot of fun to spend time with Mum and Dad for a change. So in those 5 days we had, we made everything! We decided that we would do one dessert per day. But the scones took 2 days to prepare. So on our last day, Dad and I went outside and created the stand and after that, I created a banner to go on top of the stand.

On the first day, we had 6 cupcakes, 4 mini cakes, 4 cookies and 6 scones left. So we earned $50 on our first day. The next day, we had no more food left and had earned $100. We should do these more often. And that is how my week of grounding went by. So it's my first day out of the punishment, and as I read my fave book ever, " Two Faced " , I get a text on my phone. It's from Tom. This is our conversation: ( Tom: bold | Me: normal )

Hey babe! What up, girl?
Don't call me babe! I have a boyfriend.
Oh. Ok. So since u have a boyfriend...
Plz don't tell me what I think you are going to tell me.
What? I'll just go on. Rachel and I are together ( thnx again ) and u and...wait...who is ur boyfriend?
His name is Hugh.
Well, u are Herold are together -
Hugh!
Ok, ok! Hugh! Since you and Hugh are together, why don't we have a double date?
I'm not sure. I'll get to u once I see with Hugh.
Ok, u go talk to Hamilton and I'll be waiting here.
It's Hugh! HUGH!

I stop messaging Tom and I call Hugh. He said that it is fine with him. Well, I say I'm fine with it too because I have a plan. My plan is to make Rachel and Tom jealous of Hugh and I 's relationship. So I text Tom again:

Talked to bae, he is fine with it. What time, when and where?
Time: 7:00 | When: Friday | Where: Canoe Restaurant et Bar
Perfect. I'll make the reservation and we will all pay. Even Rachel!
Fine, bro!
Never call me bro.
Ok. See ya!
Bye.

I go out of iMessage and I call the Canoe Restaurant. It is a fancy French restaurant just half an hour away from my place. I've never been there but Katie has. She says that the Newfoundland Cod is delicious! So I have already decided what I want. Super excited! Bring it on Tom...bring it on!

I don't want to lie to Mom again, so I go downstairs and I find her in her room reading " Two Faced " as well! " The book is amazing, isn't it? " I ask her. She slightly jumps and says, " You startled me! And yes, the book is wonderful! Do you need something, hon? ". " Well, because I don't want to lie anymore...I will tell you, " I say as I walk towards the sofa in her room and sit down, " So remember Tom from across the street? The guy I had a crush on? ". Mom nods. " Well, he asked if I had a boyfriend. Long story short: when Hugh and I first bumped into each other 2 weeks ago, we talked a lot. So we sat down on a bench and then Tom comes with Rachel as Hugh has his hand around me. Tom must've thought I was with Hugh back then. So I told him that I do have a boyfriend. He tells me " Why don't we do a double date? ". So I called Hugh and he said yes. We will be going to Canoe Restaurant et Bar on Friday at 7:00. Is that fine with you? " I finish with a sigh.

" Of course, honey! If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't be happy but I am now! Do you need to go shopping for a dress? " she asks. " No thanks, Mom! I have the perfect dress, heels and accessories to wear for the date. Thanks, Mom! I have to go now and prepare the outfit. You know I like to stay prepared. See you later! " I say as I walk out of the room and Mom starts reading her book again. I go upstairs and I jump on my bed and get my phone from my bedside table. I tell Katie everything that has happened today over the phone. She sounds very excited! She also says " Maybe we can do a triple date! Or just another double date excluding Tom and Rachel. " . Katie just got a boyfriend a few days ago. His name is Jason. " Sure! Got to go and pick out my outfit already! Bye! " I say as I cut the phone. I walk to my closet and open it. I look through the hangers and find the perfect outfit. I wear it to see how it looks:

It's so pretty! I send the picture to Katie and she is so excited for me! I go to Hugh and I's texts and I am about to send it but stop

It's so pretty! I send the picture to Katie and she is so excited for me! I go to Hugh and I's texts and I am about to send it but stop. I don't want to ruin the surprise. So I just message him. It's like he is always on his phone waiting for me to text; he answers almost immediately and we chat for a while.

He tells me that he has also picked out his outfit and he says that I will be impressed. I hope...

Hi! How did you like the chapter? I know it is short but I am sooooo excited to write and for you to see my next chapter! What do you think will happen? Also, good job to the_swimming_alpaca for getting the challenge question right! Your story " Two Faced " is mentioned twice! Now 3 times! Readers! You have to read it! It is absolutely amazing! See you next chapter!

Clue: Double date.

~ Maylese