Eyes

From afar, a girl with the name Khanh watched the scene with a fond smile. She hummed and put her hands behind her back as she made her way towards the solitary boy.
  Lee felt a warmth on his shoulder and turned towards it slowly. He met face to face with Khanh, who grinned at him. The clouds began to move with the strong wind and the sun started shining. Suddenly, Lee's vision brightened and focused just on the smiling girl in front of him. The sad feeling from before completely forgotten as Khanh spoke up.
  "Are you okay? I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to get food." Khanh said, moving her hair out of her face.
   Lee almost forgot how to speak in that moment and smiled dreamily.
  "Mn, sure lead the way." Khanh nodded and Lee fell into step with her as they made their way towards the cafeteria. However, Lee couldn't stop the anger and furious feeling he had in the back of his heart and mind at what he'd seen as well. Shaking his head, he realized Khanh was watching him worriedly.
   "You know that you've been drifting off a lot, are you okay?" Khanh stopped them and pressed their foreheads together. Lee's eyes widened a bit before he smiled widely.
  "No, I'm just busy thinking about you," Lee said.
   Khanh let out a laugh and hid her face from him. "Oh my gosh! That was so cheesy! But if I were to go along with it, I'd say you didn't have to think about me and instead do whatever it is you were thinking about."
  This time Lee was the one to let out a laugh.
    "Well, we can start with this," He took Khanh's hand in his own and held it tightly.
  "I'd say it's a fairly good start Lee." Khanh smiled and they walked together in good spirits to the lunchroom.
   Hei An formed a fist with the hand above Guang's head and hit it against the tree in frustration from being so close to her. Guang watched quietly as Hei An paced for a bit and then turned to look at her with an exasperated expression. He stalked over to her and smashed his lips against hers. This kids wasn't like the first they shared. It was more urgent and demanding. It urged Guang to do some fast thinking to kiss back in sync. Her hands rested rested on the sides of his face as Hei An's held her tightly against him.
  Out of breath they broke apart.
"That should answer you just fine." Hei An whispered. Their eyes held each other in place, with Guang searching his and Hei An's showing resolution. Their staring contest was over as soon as the bell rang, warning students to get back inside to class. Guang's eyes widened and she immediately ran to class. Hei An watched until she couldn't be seen and immediately buried his face in his hands. A goofy smile was on his face before he coughed and shook his head. Gathering his things he couldn't help but let out a small laugh again at Guang as he went inside to his own class.

  When it came time for the related arts class, Guang felt dread while down the hallway Hei An felt a surge of excitement. Khanh was gathering her things into her bag, and Lee held a class transfer paper in his hands.

  Lee looked up at Katelynn imploringly. "What's this teach?" 

  "It's called a transfer paper my star student, which means instead of going to piano, you'll now be going to a physical education class now." Katelynn informed, crossing her arms and leaning on Lee's desk. 

  "What? No one else in the whole class is in there!" Lee complained. 

  Katelynn shrugged as in 'That's a you problem' and turned on her heel and left the room. Lee's classmates watched with slight amusement as his head thumped against the table and Guang turned around to him.

  "Ah don't worry too much Tangguo, you'll be alright." Guang grinned at her second in command and patted his shoulder. 

  Lee glared at his friend and as the bell rang got up slowly. Lee sighed on the way to the class and dropped unto the floor off the stairs as he got to the gym, inside he lazily opened the door and dropped his backpack by it before looking up at what was going on. 

 In the middle of the gym was a few gymnastic mats placed together and a square ring of students for a border as two people were fighting, no teacher was in sight. As Lee made his way into the group, pushing a few people roughly out of the way, he made it to the front of the ring and saw that it was Khanh and a haughty looking boy fighting. 

Lee reached out towards her about to say something but Khanh turned her head at the newcomer and winked at him reassuringly. However, this one momentary lapse in focus cost her a lot. The heavyset opponent took this chance and threw a left hook at Khanh who didn't see it and got nailed. The force of the hit sent her unto the ground but she bounced up with a bloody lip. Sweat poured down both of their faces, and a death threat was seeping through Khanh's usually beaming teasing face.

 Lee gulped and someone linked arms with him and made him part of the border. The whole class was oddly quiet in anticipation. There was only heavy breathing when suddenly Khanh burst into action. She hooked her leg behind one of the boy's and punched him so he was stunned and knocked him unto his back. From there she punched him with a solid crack and raised another fist to hit him when everyone heard the door open and a strict voice speak up.

 "If you decide to punch him, he might just die Khanh." 

 Laughing erupted from the crowd and the students parted ways as the old teacher stepped into the ring. He reminded Lee of a kung fu master, by the traditional clothing and the way he walked with his hands behind his back. Lee stood by for a second and took in the long beard before his attention was redirected to Khanh. She was still over the boy but had calmed down and stood up with a glare at her defeated opponent. She shook her fist with a scowl and caught the towel thrown out to her by a classmate.

 "Think before you speak. Next time you insult someone I know and like, you'll probably actually die." Khanh warned, her voice a steady calm low threat. 

 The thug like boy nodded rapidly and quickly got to his feet with help from the old teacher. 

 It seemed like this class wouldn't be all that bad after all, especially because of Khanh. Lee's face was still slightly scrunched up with worry at Khanh's busted lip and the master noticed.

 "Oh? You must be the new student from piano." The master squinted at Lee before he saw how frequently his eyes flickered to Khanh as he talked. By then, Khanh had walked up next to the old master and was watching Lee with a bright smile. "That look must be for my student Khanh, well she is wounded. I'll leave you two be as I start class. Be done before we spar though Lee." Master winked at him. 

 Lee watched Master drop down the mats confusedly before shrugging and rushing over to Khanh. Getting over to her he sat her down next to him and held her face in between both his hands. 

 "How'd you even get into that kind of situation? Are you okay? Let me fix your lip," Lee switched from being a tough gang member to being a softie in less than a second. 

 Khanh was silent, taking in all of her new friend's features. From his dark brown eyes that glowed with worry, to the fringe of hair that had begun to droop into his left eye. They stood, eyes holding each other nose to nose, both unknowingly looking for something there yet to be awakened.