Something New

Guang hid her hand inside her pockets and smiled at her classmates. Katelynn had started the lecture for math and the others greeted her with a nod as she sat down. Guang learned in her second year of school how to multitask, so she strayed from class and let her thoughts trail off as she worked. Class L was known for it's low grades anyways. Guang's mind flashed her back to when she had pushed Hei An against the wall, not because she was ashamed of what happened, but because that was the moment her hand began to act up. It was starting to become harder and harder for Guang to pick anything up with her right hand. The pain was normal, and of course compared to the cramps of a menstrual cycle, was tolerable. The hand's pain dated back to the very first day of school, where she was a beginner at life mainly. Her 'love' for Hei An kept her on her feet and awake most nights, and her studies were rough and intense, playing the piano at school was only a temporary relief for everything, and a completed the set of issues that made her hand the way it is now, accumulated over the years with a few things left out.
   Behind her, Lee watched Guang's back suspiciously. He'd watched her come back into the classroom with her hurt hand in her pocket but she did that all the time. Another thing that seemed of was that her eyes stared at the teacher as her hand scribbled notes down on the paper. Lee was a relatively new addition to the whole gang, since he transferred schools only two years out of five that everyone had spent together. Lee was a hard person to approach because he was good looking in a thug gangster way, and had the muscles to look the part even more. He didn't speak to anyone much until the day he himself was being picked on. It was a rainy day and Lee was leaning against the doorway of the music room with the piano in it as Guang played a soft melody, he didn't know her at that time, so he just listened. Enjoying the music, he didn't bother noticing the taller and buffer boy that was walking towards him.
"Hey tough boy. What're you doing there? You're blocking the way from a B class student to kick out the loser playing in there. She doesn't even sound decent." The B class buff's jaw stuck out comically.
"Hm? Ah, sorry. Here," Lee stepped out of the way with a closed smile, and seemed to suddenly think of something and shook his head as he looked st the ground in thought.
"Actually, I can't let you go in there, you see, that person. In there is playing their heart and soul out to play, and it sounds amazing. So I can't let you bother her or anyone like that." Lee smiled blocking the way with his arm. The boy rolled his eyes and in one quick motion sent a quick punch into Lee's jaw.
   Stunned Lee scoffed and wiped the blood from his mouth slowly and examined it in slow movements. Lee looked like a tiger preparing to jump onto its pray, where you can see the shoulders move ready to spring up.
   In one swift movement, Lee threw a strong punch and hit something. That something bad been Guang. She blocked the punch with her backpack and whistled in amazement as she was pushed into the boy she saved.
   "I don't think you should be throwing around this kinda strength Lee. It's really amazing," Guang's smooth lips smiled at him, and then she turned to the Class B boy.
    "And you, don't go around throwing insults about a person you've never met before. Only useless swines do that. I'm sure your parents raised you better." With that, Guang took Lee's hand and dragged him to the roof. That was the first of many visits together to the roof, and it was the time Lee swore to be by Guang's side.
   Hei An sat down in his class diligently writing notes and completed his papers for that day, he pulled out his book and began to read. Something in the back of his mind nagged at him though and he groaned internally. Even in his mind Guang would bother him. He saw her in the hallways, and he saw her when he was doing mundane things. The newest flash was when she had pressed him against the wall. Her body was pressed against his and he distinctly remembered she smelled like the school showers. He shook his head imperceptibly and tried to push her away to read the page on anatomy better.
    "I won't hesitate to punch that big head of yours into next year for you..." Guang's low growl sounded too clearly inside Hei An's mind. He placed down his book almost angrily and tapped his fingers rhythmically on his arm in thought.
She hadn't ever actually threatened him physically, and no her low voice was not in any way interesting. She obviously had something happen to her outside of school. Most likely bad, but what? Why did he want to actually know? Trick question he most definitely did not. Hei An's eyebrows drew together as he focused on one missing fact. As Guang was walking away from him her hand was shaking and she quickly hid it in the folds of her skirt.
Hei An scoffed to himself and shook his head with disbelief. He knew why he was thinking like that, and it was because she annoyed the living soul out of him. She always had, from the beginning of the year they had known eachother. An uncomfortable feeling settled in his chest as he thought about the times he had seen Guang with other boys their age. Hei An may have been a genius but he was not in any way in tune with how he felt, only his physical needs were covered. Scoffing once again at the pain in his chest he decided that immersing himself in writing notes on his own studies would be better. Despite being the smartest in school, he was going to be the top in the nation., and only more notes and studies would do that. Then again, they weren't that hard to do.
  "Mr. Dreamer! What can you tell us is the answer to this question?" Katelynn knocked her pointer against the board to catch Lee's attention, but the effect was that several students woke up and began shouting different numbers....to the science question. Katelynn let out a frustrated sigh and put the tool down.
    "Okay class, ten minute break! Be careful when you get close to the windows!" The class let out thankful groans and Lee chuckled.
      Guang had stood up and was standing with her now fully charged phone in hand. On the phone's screen was a number she didn't know that had called and texted her several times. A few of the class crowded around to see what it was.
       "What are you gunna do?" Mei asked Guang. Guang glanced down at Mei and shrugged.
     "I guess I should call them back right? Everyone whisper for a few minutes please!" Guang called out and slid the banner notice to call the number. The caller picked up one second after the first ring.
   "Someone was eager," Lee whispered.
Guang laughed and put the call on speaker.
  "Hello?"
    Everyone leaned in towards the phone.
"This is Zhu-Ji Lee. I used to be your mothers best friend." It was a smooth beautiful voice, but Guang felt panic and snatched the phone. Muttering a silent sorry, she headed out of the room and listened.
   "I've heard about what happened and I'm so sorry to hear about it, your mother was an amazing woman that gave me everything to be where I am now. The least I can do is let you live with my family like she did for me."
   Guang's brown eyes widened and she clamped a hand over her mouth in excitement.
   "Oh! Uhm! Thank you so much! That's so nice of you mrs. Lee! Can I move in after school today?" Guang asked, excitedly.
   "Of course!" Mrs. Lee laughed on the other side of the line. "I've never had a daughter so it's going to be so nice to have you in the house! Oh my! I was so nervous that'd you wouldn't let me take care of you, whew!" Both of them laughed together on the phone happily. Guang's breath was swept away by the heavy feeling of pure bliss and happiness in that moment, and it seemed like the sun was shining brightly for her. The two kept up their talk for a bit before Guang felt a hand wrap around her waist.
   "Tangguo! Hello!" Guang laughed and was swung around by Lee as she jumped onto him. Lee laughed, his deep voice vibrating to Guang, and he put her down.
    "It's time to go back to class, and I'm glad that you've found something to make you feel better." Lee flicked her nose gently. "You made me worry again."
   Guang shot him a playful glare and rubbed her nose. Lee just shook his head and they went back inside her class.

(So I don't know if people are actually reading this but thank you, anyways the reason why I publish things when they don't seem finished is because my friend is helping me brainstorm things for this story and I have her read it to check, so yeah. Anyways thank you!)