Please Stop My Pain

The walk downstairs was nothing but awkward, and there was a silence as they sat down at the table. the layout of the table went something along the lines of this, Mrs. Lee and her husband sat on both sides of Min-gi, and on the other side, both Guang and Hei An sat next to each other.

  "So, I'm pretty sure that the two of you go to the same school," Mr. Lee smiled and passed around the utensils. 

  "Oh that's right! So does that mean you two have talked to each other before? Do you have any classes together?" Zhu asked excitedly, laying down food for Min-gi at the same time.

 Hei An hesitated in front of his mother's bright gaze and turned to look at Guang as she picked up a roll from the basket.

  "No actually, I think it's one of the first times I've ever seen your son. Although, I've heard that he was close to getting into a fight with someone," Guang said calmly, and continued eating.

Hei An's once concerned gaze turned to one of resentment.

   "Your name is Guang right? I've seen you hanging around with a bunch delinquents. If you're not careful, you might end up like them one day. They don't look like they're a particularly sane or safe bunch of kids." Hei An retaliated. Guang didn't bat an eye or turn his way at all from his comeback. 

  "Oh.. you should careful Guang! I don't want them to hurt you in any way, but I do get why you hang out with them," Zhu teased with a wink. 

  Hei An watched as Guang nodded quietly and started to nibble on her food like something was bothering her. Quickly getting over it, he began to start eating.

  During the middle of the meal, conversation started again with Guang being the topic.

  "Awe, Min-gi you have food stuck on your cheek, hold on let me get it." Guang licked her thumb and leaned over the table to wipe off his cheek. Min-gi pouted but nonetheless sat still.

  "Aaaaand there we go," Guang smiled and sat back down. 

  Zhu and her husband sat stunned by what they had seen.

 "Honey, I want her as my daughter in law. I won't have anyone else." Zhu breathed while her husband comically fanned their faces. Guang's face split into an uneasy smile and she laughed it off.

  "But Ma, I'm too young to marry her!" Min-gi whined.

  Guang laughed and held Min-gi's outstretched hand. Zhu shook her head and flapped her hand at Hei An frantically.

   "No no, I mean Anie of course! Think about it, you two are brought close together now, and who knows what can happen when we're not around-" Zhu was cut off by Hei An speaking up.

  "Ma. Don't try to make things up when nothing is there. I turned her down once, and I'd do it again without hesitation. Plus, be it my future wife or not, if she can't study and manage herself right, then there's no proposal going to happen. Lastly, a delinquent who hangs out with more delinquents spells trouble for people who are like me." Hei An sat down his fork and took a sip of his drink calmly. 

  Zhu's mouth was open and Min-gi held tighter to Guang's loose hand.

 "Wha, but i thought," Mr. Lee stuttered. Guang sighed and caught everyone's attention as she stood up and stood next to Min-gi who was watching her curiously.

  "That's right. A few years ago, I gave him a confession letter. He kindly rejected me and I fell to what I am now. A dumb student. However, my friends aren't delinquents, and I'm sure that you know that. They study hard, and some of them are in school longer than they should be. After your rejection Hei An, I became a girl who placed needs of others before my own. I became someone to lean on no matter what grade; and I am the one who's given those delinquents  a chance to get on with their lives. If you excuse me for this outburst Mr. and Mrs. Lee, I'm going to do my weekend work." Guang bowed deeply at the two and kissed Min-gi on the head before trotting up the stairway.