Chapter 5: Road Trip

Chapter 5:

*Warning: Hints of Abuse in this chapter*

"We think it's a great idea! When will you leave?" Athena asked.

Percy and Annabeth shared an incredulous look. They couldn't believe that their parents, especially Annabeth's mother who was known to be so smart, would take the bite to their plan.

"You're letting us go? Unsupervised?" Asked Annabeth, to her mother in particular.

"Of course," Poseidon replied. "You are getting married after all. Some bonding time will be good for you. Right, Athena?"

"I agree-for once." She nodded.

"Mother, you agree?" Annabeth was shocked. She didn't quite expect her mother to suddenly agree with her going on a trip with the son of her rival.

"Of course! We are supposed to be one big, happy family now after all." She said, but with a distasteful look on her face.

"Well, then I guess we'll leave after school on Friday." Percy said carefully to both the parents.

"Actually, can you two leave tomorrow? You aren't really camera-ready yet. It's getting kind of ridiculous." Athena said, holding up a magazine with a picture of them both in the cover from the day before, looking scared, confused, and very angry.

Percy and Annabeth shared a look with each other. They knew it was a good plan, but for their parents to agree and actually want them to leave first thing in the morning, that was another thing. It's not normal.

"I guess it would be a nice break from school." Annabeth said while her eyes pierced sea green ones.

"Annabeth?! You're ok with missing school?" Percy replied.

"I don't like missing out on learning. I just want to get away from all of the attention. Got it? Tell no one that I said I was ok with missing school. It would ruin my reputation." She said threateningly.

"Yes, your reputation as teacher's pet." Percy retorted with a snort and Annabeth is staring at him so hatefully that he could feel the power of it in the air.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry." He succumbed.

"Good." she replied, slightly relaxing into her chair.

The next second, Percy was rolling on the floor, laughing his butt off and Annabeth was soaking wet.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!"

"Yes, Anniebeth." He teased. Percy doesn't understand the reason why he just loves to hate Annabeth Chase.

"You are going to pay for that!"

"I don't know what you are talking about Annabeth. Honestly, I just spilled my water. It was nothing but an unfortunate accident. " Percy said, playing innocent. But then he burst into laughter, no longer being able to keep a straight face.

Poseidon chuckled also as he watched the two teens and earned a stern glare fro Athena.

To Annabeth's mother, if this weren't a matter of life or death for her business, she wouldn't let her daughter marry just yet. Especially to this man's son. It wasn't really Athena approved.

"What?" started Poseidon when he noticed Athena's piercing eyes, "they are only engaged and already fighting like an old married couple."

Annabeth and Percy both cringed at that statement: Like an old married couple. The last thing they wanted was for them to look like a couple, even more in front of their parents.

They were not supposed to be like an old married couple. Well, in the public, maybe, but not when it's private.

Yet, as quickly as their cringed from the words, the moment was back to the two of them glaring at each other and laughing as if there was no tomorrow.