Chapter 18~ Chapter 7: We Bury a Hero

Annabeth POV

As soon as Thalia finally let go of us, I asked her the obvious question.

"HOW IN TARTARUS' DIRTY LAUNDRY DID YOU FIND US?!"

Thalia just laughed, and pointed to Rachel.

"It was all her. And..." she stopped suddenly, a pained look on her face.

"And who?" I asked inquisitively.

"L-luke. If it weren't for Luke and Rachel, we wouldn't have found you guys." Thalia said dejectedly, in almost a whisper.

"Luke? But he betrayed us... He was working with Kronos?" I was confused.

I hate not understanding.

"He saved me. From him." Rachel said, venom clear in her voice as she glared at Percy, Jason, Nico, and technically Thalia's grandfather.

He was in a very... compromising position at the moment.

"I called the police. They should be here in twenty." Nico suddenly spoke up from across the odd clock-covered room.

"Thank you Nico. Thank you." Percy thanked his cousin.

They both wanted to collapse, until they noticed the body.

Annabeth's breath caught. Her childhood best friend, brother, and maybe even crush was lying in a pool of his own blood, from where he had been shot protecting Rachel.

Annabeth walked over to him, knelt down, and started crying.

Percy walked over and put his arms around her, comforting her.

She just cried into his shoulder.

Thalia was doing the same, albeit more quietly, into Nico's shoulder. (A/N: Just assume they are dating from this point on. Thalia isn't actually related, so its all okay.)

Rachel just sat on the ground, holding Luke's hand, crying silently.

By this point, Jason and Piper had tied Kronos up in a corner, waiting for the police.

They didn't personally know Castellan, so they let the others have their moment with the fallen hero.

Third Person POV

Twenty minutes and a whole lot of questions later everyone was leaving the scene of the crime.

Percy and Annabeth were going to the hospital for their multiple injuries and malnutrition, after giving their statements against Kronos, who was being loaded in the back of a cop car.

The rest of them had also been questioned about the events that transpired, and were now free to go.

Everyone's parents got there, extremely worried.

Except for Zeus. He actually had the nerve to disown his children right then and there, whom Hades had decided to take in.

After Thalia kissed Nico, of course.

Everyone was safe now, and that's what mattered.

There was no more evil plot to take down the Big Three companies.

The police had done a sweep of the place Percy and Annabeth had been held and found six more kids who had each been missing for over a year.

Their parents were all thrilled.

For the first time in forever, it looked like everyone was going to have a happy ending.

Everyone except for Luke.

~TIME LAPSE~

Percy POV

We were all attending the funeral of a hero, who died way too young.

All of the kids were even more popular now, somehow. Even if they didn't want it.

They were popular, but not for who they really were.

Percy honestly couldn't care less.

Luke dying had made them all realize how short life really was, and that they should all follow their own paths, not what their parents wanted for them.

They didn't care about what anyone thought of them anymore. The press could get as many pictures as they wanted.

After all, they were only teenagers.

Percy was dressed in all black, as were Piper, Jason, Nico, Thalia, Rachel, Annabeth, Hermes and May Castellan, Poseidon, Sally, Paul, Hades, Aphrodite, Artemis, Apollo, and Hestia.

Hera had decided that Zeus could either keep her or keep the flight company. They were already billionaires, and after quite a bit of blackmailing with Percy's uncles Hermes and Apollo, had been convinced to let Aunt Hestia and Cousin Artemis to take over the business. They had also taken in the children that Hera and Zeus didn't like, opting not to live with Hades.

Everyone was sad that he was gone, especially his poor mom, her seizures had caused memory loss and dementia along with paranoia.

Everyone had decided to celebrate the good parts of life that Luke had been through, and forgive all the bad.

It was a true hero's burial.

They all went back to school the next day, and decided to forget about everything that had recently happened.

There was no more threat hanging over anyone's shoulders-except graduation, and everyone was happy for once.

For the first time ever, Percy realized, there was peace.

It made him restless.

Thankfully, he had Annabeth to calm him down.

And he hoped he would have her forever.

THE END. Kind of.

NOT QUITE. THERE IS STILL AN EPILOGUE, BUT THE OFFICIAL STORY IS OVER PEOPLE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR IN THE MAKING.

My first story just has an epilogue left. I don't know whether to be relieved, happy, or sad.

Thank you, all of you, so so so so much, for reading this horrible story.

Thank you so much.