CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Richard and Nicomaine remained on the bed for a few minutes after. Both savouring the aftermath. One feeling immense pride with his accomplishment and the other? Well, the smile on her face was answer enough. Skin sweaty, hair messy and limbs in a tangled mess. No words were spoken, only the sound of breathing could be heard. The silence could've been awkward but for some unknown reason, this silence was comfortable. There was nothing awkward about it at all. Well, until Richard moved.

"Ouch! Man, that hurts!"

"Oh shit! Sorry."

"Well. This is awkward" Nicomaine muttered.

"Is it? It's more like a dilemma" Richard replied. "We can't stay like this forever."

"Uuhhhmmm, well, it's not too bad" Nicomaine stated with a smirk which earned a burst of laughter from Richard.

"Yes you're right. This isn't too bad. But as much as I'm loving the connection, we need to separate eventually." Richard stated while placing fleeting kisses on the side of Maine's neck.

Nicomaine extended her neck back to give more room for Richard. In that split second, she felt like the most beautiful woman in the world. Is this what it feels like to finally lose your virginity? Because this feels awesome! She didn't realize that she spoke out loud until she heard Richard chuckle.

"Well, thank you Miss errr... miss Maine. That's a boost to my ego."

"Like it needs more boosting" Nicomaine mumbled.

"You know I can hear you, right?"

"Oh. Sure, sure" Nicomaine replied which earned her a tickle from Richard's beard as he purposely scratched his chin to her exposed nipples. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry" she admitted with a giggle. "But we still have a problem Mr. Faulkerson."

"I know" Richard answered with a sudden serious face. Because he knew for a fact that Maine will be sore down there. Like she probably won't be able to walk, sore. And then for the second time that night, he felt guilty. Dammit! This is getting to be a habit Faulkerson!

Nicomaine felt the sudden hesitation coming from Richard. She knew the reason was her. She also knew that she will probably not be able to walk after or even tomorrow. But like Richard said, they can't remain connected forever. So, being the planner that she is, she thought about the next step and stated her plan in a matter of fact.

"Okay Richard. We both know I'll hurt down there for the next little while. That's a given. So, why don't I take a deep breath and you slowly pull out. Deal?"

"Yes ma'am" was all Richard could say. Because come on, here is this woman, who just lost her virginity, but she's not whimpering in the corner due to the pain. She, like everything else she does, tackled it head on. And just like that, Richard's admiration for Maine grew tenfold.

"At the count of three....1...2...."

"Wait! Wait. Do I pull out at three or after three?"

"After three of course, you dummy. Okay. Here we go. 1...2...3" and all that came from Nicomaine after was a long hiss of pain.

"Are you okay?"

"No! Yes, I will be. Just give me a minute. And if you apologize one more time, I will kill you, I swear" Nicomaine panted. As the seconds passed, the pain started to subside and she was able to breathe normally again. That's when she opened her eyes to be met by Richard's concerned look. "I'm fine. I'll be fine" she reassured. She was about to close her legs but the sting was so overwhelming that she decided to just leave it wide open. To air it out. She instead grabbed one of the throw pillows on the bed and started fanning down there.