Chapter One

The spotlight was shining on the young magician. He appeared to be around 24, dressed in a baby blue tuxedo and top hat. The audience cheers with excitement as the magician throws cards into the air, only for them to turn into flowers as they reached their peak. He smirked at the perfect execution of his new trick, he had practiced it countless hours. The audience was soaking up the magician's sexy appearance and candor, but one person in particular was soaking it in the most. A young girl stood behind the curtains, waiting for him. She was 18, with long candyfloss pink hair. Her pink eyes never once left the magician throughout his entire set.

Morou-san is an amazing performer! She thought to herself cheerfully as the magician finished his act. After a few bows, blown kisses and sly winks to the audience, Hisoka disappeared behind the curtains. "That was absolutely amazing Morou-sama!" she complimented him as he slunk past her. However, the compliment was met with no response, eye contact was never made and within seconds the magician left the tent.

"I now present, the magnificent flying Mina!" The ring master announced, giving Mina her cue to step out into the ring.

"Please allow me to perform as well as Morou-sama today" Mina secretly prayed to no one in particular. And with that she climbed up to the top of the tent, took a deep breath, and leapt downwards. The audience screamed in both fear and excitement as Mina counted to three before opening her eyes and reaching out to catch the two rings suspended from a beam that spans across the tent. She caught the rings in her hands and began spinning around, doing full twists, changing from one hand to the other. She remembered when she first suggested the ideas of the still rings to the ring master at age 14. He had scoffed and told her that only the male acrobats were strong enough to use them. But after years of practice and convincing the ring master, she finally proved her strength and added the still rings to her performance.

After a few hearty swings, she leapt to the aerial fabric suspended a few feet away. Then the music changed from an exciting upbeat tune, to a slow and sensual beat. With this, she begins twirling within the silk; somersaulting, hanging upside down, twirling her legs between the silk in a sensual manner. The audience fell into a stupor and Mina soaked up the attention she was receiving. Little did she know however, that one more pair of eyes was devouring her. A pair of golden, predatory eyes watched her from another opening of the tent. A shiver rose through his body as he watched her rub her most intimate parts on the delicate silk fabric. He licked his lips and murmured something about his ripening little fruit as he walked away, slowly rubbing a bulge that had appeared in his pants while watching Mina's performance.

Mina finished her performance and bounded off of the stage.

"Did Morou-sama come and watch me?!" she asked her friend and the ring master's wife, Yuuga.

"No, he left the tent after his set. I don't understand what you see in him! He's a narcissist and a jerk, incredibly talented and of course a whole new level of sexy, but still just a generally obnoxious guy!" Yuuga yells, earning a look from her husband. Yuuga giggles as Mina attempts to defend Hisoka, all while maintaining a blush that matched her hair and eyes. Eventually, she runs off to see if she can locate the magician to ask him about his new trick.

"I worry about her obsession with Hisoka-san, I mean what if he breaks her heart and we have another... incident on our hands?" Yuuga confides to her husband.

"It's been like this since she came to us and laid eyes on him. I'm sure one day she'll recognize how blatantly uninterested he is in her" he responded. But he was wrong; wrong about nearly everything he just said.