Chapter Sixteen

The next few months went on without issue. Mina continued to train and master the ability to summon her nen-infused tears. And soon enough, it was time for Chrollo to leave.

"Do you have to?" Mina whined as Chrollo packed up his few belongings.

"Yes. My group needs to meet. We're going to plan another heist soon. I'd love to take you, you know. You could come in handy."

"Then take me." Chrollo stopped and looked up at the pinkette, standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Why?" He inquired. He did want to, but he wasn't sure how the troupe would react. Probably violently. And he did want to see Mina in action.

"I don't want to be here anymore. And Morou-sama will be at the meeting, right?"

He mentally face-palmed. Of course that would be why. 

"You'll probably have to fight."

"That's fine. It could impress Morou-sama."

"They're all almost as strong as me. It won't be easy to survive a battle with one of them."

"I have you! I'll be okay. I'm not trying to join anyway. I just want to spend more time with you and Morou-sama. You know... maybe try something like we did before..." Mina snuggled up close to Chrollo, trying to persuade him. He shivered in response to both the touch and the memory. He certainly wouldn't mind a reenactment of what had occurred in Hisoka's room that fateful night.

"Alright, fine. But get dressed in some traveling clothes. I'm changing as well."

Chrollo dressed in his usual attire of a a fluffy jacket and some dark pants. Slicking his hair back was the final touch.

He felt small arms wrap around his waist.

"OooOooOOo sexy, Chro. I like your hair back. You look even more cold than usual."

Turning around, Chrollo was surprised by the look that was before him. Mina was wearing an oversized brown cloak that had a tail attached, with brown furry boots on her feet. On her head she wore a beanie. A cat beanie. He cracked a smile.

"Are you traveling to the pet store?"

"Are you ready to leave right meow?" Mina retorted quickly. Chrollo lost his composure, leaning against the bathroom counter, covering his face and laughing. Pulling Mina close to him and playing with her long hair, he tried to stop laughing.

"Yes, Mina love, I'm ready right meow. Are you?"

"Do you have snacks?"

"We can stop and get food. I'm the leader of the most dangerous troupe in the world, do you think I can't provide for you?"

"I think that you wouldn't stop for snacks."

"What do you think I have against snacks?"

"Nothing, you just seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't want to stop for snacks."

"What is with you and snacks right now?"

"What isn't with you and snacks right meow?" This time Mina made her hands into little paws and mimicked a cat. Chrollo squeezed Mina in a hug and laughed harder.

"This will be fun. I'm happy to take you Mina. You're incredibly pleasant. I do hope the rest of the troupe doesn't harass you."

"Morou-sama will protect me. I'll make sure of it." Mina was confident. Someone would protect her, whether they wanted to or not.

"Alright then, let's be off. Make sure the lights are off and grab a snack if you must. It'll be a long trip."

Running and grabbing a box of candy, Mina flipped off the kitchen light and ran to the door. Chrollo smiled at her, turned the main light off and closed the door behind them.