Chapter Ten

It had taken a few months for Mina to get to the 200s, but she felt invigorated. Today was the day she was going to register for her first 200 level fight. As she took the elevator up to the registration desk, she began to feel a faint wave of oppression wash over her. Her own aura unknowingly sparked. Morou-san must be here! She thought to herself. Excitedly, she stepped out of the elevator only to run right into a tall, imposing figure.

"Mina-san, correct?" He asked her.

"How do you know my name?" She retorted. A small grin appeared on his face.

"Yuuga-san sent me to help you train. My name is Chrollo Lucilfer. I'm pleased to meet you. You progressed to the 200s quickly, so you must be as strong as Yuuga-san told me you were. But tell me... what do you know about nen?"

Yuuga-san! She thought. You're always meddling in my personal affairs! But at least you sent me someone pleasant to look at. And pleasant he was. Chrollo was a tall man with a bandana tied around his forehead and black hair sweeping over it. His outfit choice was little peculiar-- where was his shirt?! But Mina couldn't help but drool a little bit over his abdomen.

Chrollo cleared his throat, earning back her attention.

"I learned the basics from my friend Gitta-kun. Yuuga-san told me a little bit more about it, since I hurt her with mine once, but I don't really know what to do with it or how to use it or.. you know, anything helpful."

"You could start by coming with me to my floor, so we can begin practicing in private." Mina gulped at this but decided that if Yuuga trusted this man, she would try to as well. Chrollo, seeing this acceptance, turned and headed towards his own room, he was after all, a floor master.

When they arrived, Mina was taken aback by the simplicity and modernity of the large living space. Simple furniture with not a thing out of place contrasted her own living space which was a mess and sorely outdated. She stood in awe as Chrollo plucked a leaf off of a ficus and filled a cup of water.

"What is that for, Lucilfer-san?" Mina asked as she walked closer to him.

"It's a simple test to figure out what type of nen you possess. Unless of course you can just show it to me."

"Oh... I can't really do it on command. It's only if I cry. Then my friend Gitta-kun-- not really him, but something like him-- will come out and I tell him what's wrong and he fixes it."

Chrollo stayed quiet, solely out of confusion. "I'll... assume this would be a specialist type nen. Let's continue... Do you know how to focus your aura?"

"A little... Yuuga-san said I could work on it with meditation but usually I just need to feel happy and I feel... glow-y"

This could take awhile. Chrollo thought. "Let's begin with meditation. Sit on the floor with me and focus your energy."