1; Remaining Days (BTS J-Hope)

정호석
J-Hope

You let out a small groan as you sit up the bed to take the medicine, when you hear Hoseok beside your bed "Honey, are you okay?" his voice hoarse but caring. Hoseok has always been like this even before the length of your marriage. Now you're both 84 and in a retirement home spending the rest of your remaining days together in the center.

"There you go..." he said as you managed to slowly swing your feet to one side of the single bed. Hoseok held out one hand while Sally, your favorite nurse held the other. "You shouldn't be wasting your energy on me. We're both old now Hobi." You mentioned as you had finally stood up. He smiled at the nickname but replied after a few seconds "You seem to forget the fact that I was part of Bangtan decades ago..." he winked as he slightly wiggled his bottom.

The both of you had spent almost 3 years in the center but his spirit never changed – not only does he manage to make you smile everyday but also the other elderly in the center, sometimes even the nurses on duty adore his cheekiness despite his age.

Today marks the 55th year of your marriage and the nurses have decided to give you and Hoseok a little treat, they let you spend the day together alone – no nurses, no other elderly trying to mind your business, today is a day simply for the two of you to cherish. The both of you sat on a bench while Hoseok read your favorite book out loud.

"I don't get why they don't have double beds for couples in retirement homes..." you trailed off staring into the sky.

"I'm not so sure about that darling, who knows... you might try to touch me in the middle of the night." He replied, feigning a worried look on his face.

"Excuse me?" you retorted trying to hold back a smile. The day went by and before you knew it, it was already time to go back to bed. He had kissed your forehead and wished you a good night's sleep before returning to his room. Every nurse in the center had known that you were the weaker one, and your Hobi had been a major source of your strength throughout the years.

The next day you sat at the edge of the bed the whole morning, trying to take in the fact that Hoseok has had a heart attack last night and passed away. You couldn't believe it, and neither did the nurses.

"Y/N?" Sally called out in a soft voice. "I heard about Hoseok. I'm sorry, darling." That's it. Hearing his name alone triggered the waterworks. You couldn't believe it, Hobi, your Hobi was gone. Sally took you into her arms as you cried your heart out, drenching her scrub suit. The only source of happiness you had already left you and now you were unsure of what to do next. 

Afternoon had passed by too quickly as you took a trip down memory lane by going through all 5 of your photo albums. You closed the last with a small tear rolling down your cheek, your eyes puffed up and sore from all the crying. You laid down on the bed and closed your eyes, imagining Hobi during the wedding day.

Guess I'll be seeing you soon, my Hobi.