-12-

[ im salty.. I hate y'all so much. Why isn't anyone voting or commenting ]

Weeks passed. They got closer. They started opening up. They started to understand each other. But there was one thing they kept hidden.

"It's hot," she whined.

"Why the hell are you wearing jeans than?" It was humid and warm but she was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. He couldn't understand why she did that. Everyone was wearing shorts or skirts. She was crazy.

She ignored him and shut her mouth. He wouldn't understand. Inside the mall the air conditioner made her sigh in relief when the cold air hit her face.

"I need to buy headphones," she said looking around for the store.

"You broke yours again?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes. While she was buying her new pair of headphones, he bought ice cream. Her favorite was pistachio and he knew that.

She thanked him and started eating her ice cream.

"What now? Don't you need anything? You've been wearing the same shirt for the last three days," she asked him.

"I'm just too lazy to do my laundry."

"You're disgusting,"

She grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside a store. She started to  look through the clothes.

"This shirt would look go on you," she said grabbing a thrasher shirt and showing him.

"Fine, I'll get it as long as you buy a pair of shorts." She frowned hearing his words. It felt like her heart dropped. An unsettling feeling settled in her stomach. She threw the shirt on him.

"It was a joke,"

"Ha."

"It's not that big of a deal why are you acting like this?"

Her lips parted and the look on her face wasn't like anything he had seen before.

"I don't know,"

He was unsure of what to do. He didn't know what he did wrong. But he knew he had to make it better. He took a step closer to her and wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a hug. This was the first time he had done that.

He wasn't sure if this was helping or making it worse. She signed and relaxed into his embrace.

"Come let's both buy those thrasher shirts so we can match." He whispered into her hair.

"That's so lame," he chuckled releasing her from his hold. He raised an eyebrow when she looked up at him with a disgusted look.

"Fine, let's go get those shirts."