~Part 4~

The next couple days went by so quickly, they actually felt slow.
     Monday came and it was time for school. Alex woke Philip up at 6:15, John had stayed at his own house that night.
     They headed out to the bus stop, not knowing what to expect, but at least knowing they were on the same bus.
     They waited for what felt like an hour, though when Alex checked his phone, only 15 minutes had passed, until they saw the bus in the distance. It slowly got closer to them, stopped, opened the doors, and they took their final breath before stepping into a new reality.
     The bus ride was really short, lasting only about 5 minutes, since they were at the last stop. Barely anyone rode the bus, most kids drove themselves.
     When they walked into the school, they were almost immediately trampled over, and looked down the halls, seeing hundreds of kids. This was going to be a long struggle.
     John checked his schedule to see where he was supposed to go first. 'Study Hall.' Awesome! Starting off the day easy! He decided to head to it early so he wouldn't risk being late, despite it not really mattering on the first day. He wished Philip 'Good Luck' then headed on his way. 'Room 202, Mr. Blotchsky'
     He thought he had heard that name before, and he was right. When he walked into his study hall room, he saw his neighbor, just as terrible looking as ever. Maybe this won't be such an easy start to the day...
     Mr. B. looked up at John and groaned, "Why are you here?"
     "I- uh- have study hall here..."
     "Whatever, just find a seat, preferably far away from me. You don't bother me, I won't bother you."
     John picked the back corner seat. He got a little startled when the bell rang, not having heard it before like that, only in T.V shows. A few moments passed before other students started pouring in and quickly filling up the seats.
     Someone, a couple years older than John, tried dragging John out of the seat he was already in so they could steal it. John started screaming, "What are you doing!? I was here first!!," and kicking whoever grabbed him.
     "Is that the best you've got? At least try..."
     John quickly broke free, swung around, and socked the kid in the face. He reached up, feeling where John hit him, and backed away.
     "Mr. B! Look what this new kid did! Can you get him expelled!?"
     The monitor simply looked up and said, "I'm sorry, I can't, but I will file a student report and try to get him suspended."
     John looked at him in shock, "I'm right here!"
     "Yes, Mr. Reynolds, yes you are right there." Mr. B. ignored them after that and went back to making plans for the classes he had later that day, since study hall was meant for that.
     John quietly took his seat again and took out his phone to play, since he hadn't been assigned any homework yet.
     When study hall was over, he headed to his next class, 'Biology.' Great. Plants and more boring stuff. Nothing good there. That was followed by math and history, then finally lunch. He had the same lunch as Philip. At least there was someone he knew.
     They talked about how boring their classes were, John didn't mention the fight at all though. That is, until the guy he was fighting came up to their lunch table.
     "Heyyyyyyy Reynoldssssssss."
     "What do you want..."
     Philip looked over at John and whispered, "Who is this guy?"
     "Who is this guyyyyy? Reynolds, you didn't tell him? Maaaaaan, he beat me up pretty bad in study hall, and I'm here to get him back!"
     John quickly stood up, "Get me back, huh? Good luck with that!"
     The other kid grabbed the collar of John's shirt, "The name's Cam. And you thought you could beat me up? Wait until you see what I can do to you."
     John broke free again and punched Cam square in the stomach, this time with more people watching.
     Cam hunched over, clutching his stomach, "I swear to god Reynolds if you do this one more time."
     John shoved Cam over while he was still weak, and started kicking him. A couple teachers quickly ran over and grabbed John. The only thing Cam could do was laugh at how many mistakes John just made.
     As the teachers were dragging John away, he called out to Philip, "I'll see you after school!" Philip only looked at him and nodded.