•Candor•

It was a calm sunny day, hadn't Rebekah's mom decided to break her peaceful state and wake her up at an early time on a week-end. Rebekah ignored her mother, thinking that if she ignored her long enough, she'll go away. Little did she know that her mom was not giving up that easily.

Rebekah groaned feeling her entire body shiver when her dear mother pulled the covers away.

"- What the hell mom ?" Her mother just gave her an amused look, and flushed her a sweet smile before leaving the room, with a very mad and angry Rebekah.

"- I hate my life." Rebekah mumbeled, before heding to the shower.

She hated that her mom was a morning person, because it meant that she'd torture her and make her wake up, while she disliked morning. She always liked staying in bed until it was noon, then wake up and do nothing, but still be so tired.

That's how week-ends are supposed to be spent anyway.

When she got to the kitchen, her mom was holding a cup of black coffee in her right hand, and a magazine on the other one, an innocent smile on her face. How can someone be so happy all the time ? Thought Rebekah to herself. Grabbing an apple, and taking a small bite, Rebekah made her way to the door, before turning around, and telling her mother that she was going for a run.

She was awake, so might as well make something of her day.

It was only 8 in the morning, and it was still quiet and calm. Havenwood city was so beautiful at this time. Everybody took advantage of the week end to get more rest. But not Rebekah, she thought it was a good time to have some quality time. It's been a while since she was alone, with only her demons, and that soft, barely audible sound in her head.

Rebekah surrendered herself to the miraculous beat of my feet against the ground. The angry pitter-patter of the soles of her shoes hitting the hard floor. Her heart pounded to the beat of her feet racing. Sweat beaded her forehead, causing her hair to cling to it as her throat ached for air, more air. The delicious rush of wind past her face thrilled her. Her muscles stretched, pushed harder. Her pace evened out and her legs made the path fly under her. She felt so good. She felt free. And she liked it.

Blocking each and every thought that rushed to her mind, she pushed herself harder, accelerated, running even faster. She ran like her life depended on it. With music in her ears, and nothing on her mind, she took in the sweet sent of the early morning.

After what seemed like forever, she stopped, heavily breathing, sweat running over her forhead. She looked up at the infinite sky, and smiled. It was beautiful, and represented hope for Rebekah. Because just like the sky, her life had been dark, full of clouds, and rainy days, but always managed to shine bright, and allowed the light to get through.

Rebekah felt the presence of someone behind her, and the burning gaze of someone on her back. Feeling fear get to the core of her bones, she span around violently, but no one was there.

She tried to push away the thought of someone following her. It's Havenwood, nothing bad ever happens here.

She heard few plants brush against each other, and turned around again, scanning her surroundings carefully, with alluring attention. She was shaking and she seemed so fragile when she was scared. Her heart was pounding so hard, and she could feel her hand becoming clammy, and sweaty. She wasn't scared. She was terrified.

She felt so weak and she hated it.

She knelt down, grabbing a big branch. If she wanted to get out of these woods safe and sound, she's need a weapon. That branch seemed just perfect right now.

She heard foot steps, and held her weapon tighter, before turning around fast, and getting ready to hit whoever was creeping her out. But before it hit the person; she stopped, and dropped it to the hard ground, falling to the ground, and cursing like never before.

"- Hey blood bath !" He said huskily, his face flushing in amusement, as Rebekah just sat on the floor,with her heart in her hands, and her mind in a total state of riot and cheos.

"- You scared me for the love of god." She was mad. Mad at him for scaring her. Mad at herself for being so weak and scared.

"- I could've done more than just that love."

"- You're an ass !" Frustation was obvious in her tone. If looks could kill, he'd be dead by now.

"- No, I'm not !"

"- Oh right ! You're and arse !" If he wasn't already being a jerk, he had to chuckle at her.

"- It's funny how you always fall for me !" He smugly said, and Rebekah wanted nothing more than ruining that pretty face of his, and wrecking his theeth, and making him pick them up. She disliked him, and hated how he always managed to make a fool out of her.

"- Get up " He order, amusement obvious in his tone. He seemed to enjoy the sight before his eyes. Who knew that Isaac Collins was this childish and imature. He always seemed to mysterious and calm.

Little did people know he was the devil.

"- Uh, excuse me ?"

"- I said get up."

"- And who're you to tell me what to do ?"

"- Isaac Collins."

"- You are an arrogant bastard !" Grabbing a small rock from beside her, she aimed at him, throwing the rock as hard as she could.

But, of course, he dodged it. She let out a long groan, and hit her hands against the hard floor, but regretted doing it right away.

"- Get up, I'll drive you home. Consider it an apologie for hurting your nose, scaring you at the beach, and terrifying you few minutes ago." He smiled at her, and something about that smile made her believe that he was being honest, and acting out of true candor.

"- Thanks Isaac." She didn't have to tell him why she was thanking him, but he knew it was because he saved her at the party.

•••