Chapter 12 - My world stopped

“Let’s not think about it. Today is your birthday. I have a surprise planned.” Carlisle raised his eyebrows at me, a smile on his lips.

For the past half an hour, Carlisle has been convincing me to get out of bed even though he scared me half to death. Finally having enough of the whining from a six hundred year old vampire, I groaned and rolled out of bed.

Walking across the room, I turned back to see Carlisle wearing a smile of triumph. Stupid man. Stepping into the bathroom, I locked the door behind me. Hearing Carlisle’s annoyance at that fact I laughed.

Relieving my bladder, I decided on a shower. It doesn’t feel like my birthday… It’s only my sixteenth. Why couldn’t I be older? Two years older?

Sighing, I pressed the button for the electric shower. The water was forced through the small holes on the white shower head. Resting my back on the door, I shut my eyes. I didn't want to die. I am only sixteen, this isn’t fair? I don’t understand. I need to know how I am going to die, I need to prevent this.

Opening my eyes once again, I saw the steam-filled room. I forgot about the shower. Stripping out of my night clothes, I stepped under the spray of water. The temperature of the water was between warm and hot, it was just right.

Scrubbing my hair with my strawberry scented shampoo, I washed the foam out. Reaching for the shampoo, I heard the door creak open. You’ve got to be kidding me.

Wiping the water from my eyes and face, I poked my head around the shower curtain. Carlisle stood there, he was leaning against the sink. “I did lock the door for a reason you know.” I glared at him. He just stood there with a smile on his face. He was loving this, the douche bag.

“I know. But you’re scared so I thought I would make sure you don’t fall or anything.” He winked at me. Now he is using my emotions against me? For crying out loud.

“You are not going to leave are you?” He just shook his head. Pulling the curtain back over, I wished him out of here but all I got was his laugh. “Don’t you dare move this curtain, Grayson.” It felt weird calling him Grayson, and yet I got laughed at. Again.

Shaking my head, I rinsed my hair and body one more time before deciding it was time to get out. Pressing the button, the shower slowly came to a stop and I reached for a towel on the rack just outside the curtain. Standing behind the curtain still, I towel dried my hair and wrapped another towel around me.   

Clutching the towel close, I clambered out of the shower. Carlisle still has not moved, a smirk played on his lips. “What now?” He shook his head and the smirk grew into a teeth-showing smile. Tapping my foot, I wasn’t impressed. “Can I have some privacy?” I was being annoyed now.

Carlisle shook his head, his smile never falling. Walking to the sink, I pushed him out of the way just making him laugh. Picking up my electric toothbrush, I squeezed some of my sensodyne toothbrush, and scrubbed my teeth.

Spitting out the toothpaste, I washed my mouth out with water. He was still staring at me. Spinning on my heel, I glared at him. “Why are you staring at me?” He stepped gracefully towards me. More graceful than someone his size or build should.

“You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Is it so bad to love to watch you?” He lifted his hand and stroked away the water droplets from my forehead. I felt my face heat up as I blushed. It was on fire. I heard his light chuckle.

His finger came under my chin, lifting my chin up, I gazed into his large green eyes. Carlisle took a step closer so his body was flush with my own. My breathing came out deeper, I noticed its change. My heart was pounding in my chest.