Chapter 25 - Will Count Dracula join?

Peter? As in Carlisle’s maker? The evil one? A girl cannot catch a break.

“What are you doing here?” Peter smirked, he didn't look like a Peter… “I heard a rumour that you were let out, I had to see for myself. It is true. And who is that pretty little thing you are hiding from me.” Carlisle’s hands came behind me, and I was pushed against his back. Peter hd a thick Romanian accent. Romania, Transylvania, Dracula… I hid my giggle.

“She is mine.” I couldn’t see Peter anymore. “Woah, your soul mate huh? She is awfully pretty. Sure you don’t want to share?” I felt sick. Literally. Carlisle growled like a carnal animal. “Got it. Yours only. Care for a drink?” This guy is just weird.

“You wanted to see if I have been released, and I have. Now leave.” Peter gave out a cruel, dark laughter. “It’s not as easy as that. Let’s all sit down shall we?  Bring the girl.” Carlisle pulled me to his side, not once did he look at me.

I could sense his fear, and anger through the bond. I couldn’t blame him.

Peter grabbed a bottle of scotch, as well as three glasses before sitting on the chair. Carlisle sat down on the sofa, and pulled me to sit next to him. He made sure I was as far from Peter as he could manage.

“What is it?” Carlisle’s tone was sharp, and snappy. Peter smiled and began pouring the amber liquid into the crystal glasses and pushed the glasses around the coffee table. “What is your name sweetheart?” I looked questionably at Carlisle and he nodded. “Elora.” He doesn’t deserve to call me by my nickname. “Elora, pretty. Like you.”

Carlisle snorted and Peter glared. “I am guessing you know who I am. I am Peter. Well my birth name is Alexi Eklud. I was born nine-thirteen I believe. So yes, I was in the Viking period.” My jaw dropped. Nine-thirteen? That is old! He laughed at my reaction. His name was pronounced ‘Alex-i Ek-lud’.

“You know, I’ve been thinking about going back to the name Alexi, I’ve missed it.” “Okay ‘Alexi’, thanks for the history lesson. Why are you here?” Carlisle wanted him gone as much as I did.

“Patience young Carlisle. Times have changed. You don’t get to change anyone when you want. The Dēmokratía have to agree.” Carlisle froze. The Dēmokratía? What is that?

“The Dēmokratía is Greek for ‘Rule the people’ or ‘Democracy’. It’s our government.” I nodded in understanding. Peter was being weird. I was thankful for his explanation though. “What are you saying?”

“I’m saying, you should of brought her to Romania, for the Royals to agree before you changed her.” Peter drained the liquid from the glass and picked up the one that was meant for Carlisle, but was left untouched.

“I couldn’t. Do you know why she died?” Peter shrugged. “You wanted your soul mate forever? Who cares.” I wasn’t liking where this conversation was going. “I died of cancer. He really didn't have a choice of saving me. They said I had weeks and I died hours after that thought.” Peter looked at me warily, like he was doubting my story.

“Is this true?” Carlisle nodded. “Hmm, that may change things. I will be back tomorrow evening. I suggest you get the doctors notes, proving you were in fact dying. Then we shall go.” I wasn’t liking this… “Where are we going?” Carlisle asked before I could.

“Transylvania of course. Romania.” Then I laughed. Peter found it amusing, Carlisle of course was confused. “Sorry, sorry. Didn't mean to laugh.” I tried to control my laughter, and wiped the blood from my eyes.

“Something amusing child?” I cleared my throat. “Nothing. Nothing at all. Dracula going to be there yeah?” Peter barked in laughter as did I, Carlisle still did not move. “Dracula?” Carlisle’s lack of knowledge made it all to more funny. Peter and I started laughing all over again.