Chapter 27- I give it to you

“I don’t understand. Have you lied to me again then?” I was hurt. Extremely. Carlisle’s face twisted in confusion. “No? I just missed that out. I didn't know how to tell you about the vampire kingdom and I didn't want to scare you anymore?!” I understood that part.

“I get that, really I do. I am kind of thankful you left it out till now or I wouldn’t off come. But all that time ago you said you moved around a lot. But you were here? How did you even end up at the manor?” He sighed, and leaned back in the chair.

“It was true. I never liked this castle much, but I had to have it. So I spent a lot of time moving around the world. My reasons were to keep an eye on my people, so they allowed me to do so. I ended up in Gatesway like I told you. I felt something there. I know it was the end of the seventeen hundreds but I didn't feel another soul mate after. Just you. You awoke me in my coffin, I craved you.

          Gatesway was much to hidden, people were leaving as there was no money to be made so I decided to build a town. Hoping one day to be the new castle. It of course didn't work that way.” His voice trailed off, he was betrayed by his kingdom. By Peter. I don’t know what to say.

“You really need to stop hiding things from me Carlisle. Why don’t you get it? Yes I was a fragile child, but you had plenty of opportunities to tell me. You wait till I find out myself and question you or till we are literally at life or death. It isn’t fair. I am your soul mate, and now your wife. Why are treating me like an average vampire you just met and don’t trust?” I don’t know how to express the hurt I felt. This entire relationship has a foundation of lies and it hurts.

Carlisle moved from the sofa to sitting on the thick coffee table in front of me. His hands rested on my knees as he stared into my eyes.

“I know. I am sorry. I just have had so many people betray me. My town, my maker and my entire vampire kingdom. I love you Elora, I am learning to trust again. The patience and hope you have in me is outstanding, please give more patience. If we get out of this, I will answer every question and tell you things you don’t question. Okay?” I eyed him sceptically.

What’s the point? I will thank him if we get out of him alive. “Okay. No more lies.” He nodded, “No more lies.”

We sat in silence for a moment, staring into each other’s eyes. He smiled lately and it became contagious as I smiled too.

A minute to the horrifying six o’clock came and weirdly enough, the door was unlocked. Expecting to leave, Carlisle and I rose from the chairs. Peter stepped in and shut the door behind him. What about Nyx? And why are we not leaving?

“Listen… I want you to say how you have a house somewhere and you want to live together, you are already married and now thinking about having a baby or something.” Peter was in front of us, his voice hushed and his words rushed. I was beyond confused.

“I don’t understand.” Carlisle spoke up; he must be as confused as I was. “I’m thinking what you most likely are thinking. They might try to kill you, say you want to take over the throne. Give them every reason not to believe it. You are my progeny Carlisle. My greatest child. A child who became a king. Although I have harmed you by putting you in the tomb, I was sent to.  I am deeply sorry. I didn't have a choice, so I couldn’t kill you myself so I made the town put you away. I wanted to return but I wasn’t able to.” I didn't know whether to believe him or not, but that wasn’t my decision.

A knock sounded on the door, and Nyx entered. “Everyone ready?” She seemed slightly confused by Peter’s presence. “Yes. I was just making sure what Carlisle told me about Elora’s illness was true.” Peter smiled at me lightly, before placing his pokerface on and leaving the room.