Chapter 15 - What's so good about being a vampire?

“Why?” Is he serious? His blood? Why? That’s disgusting. “Because, I can feel you and you can’t feel me. It creates a bond that’s tighter. Things will change. Please.” My facial expression was one of disgust, “Please. It is not that bad.” Reluctantly, I nodded.

“It won’t change me into a vampire right?” Some sort of emotion crossed his face, but he erased it quickly. “No. It’s a longer process.” That reminded me… “How do you become a vampire?” He sighed.

“It’s very touch and go. We will need to exchange blood, well you drink a lot of mine then you have to die in the next ten hours or so. Some vampires say longer but those who are changed later don’t make it through the transition or they become erm what’s the word… ‘different’ vampires. They crave blood too much, won’t calm down. They aren’t as fast as they should be and have can’t wipe people’s memories. Pretty useless all in all.” I nodded.

We both fell into silence. I was quite worried, about drinking him and that.

“I’m guessing you don’t feel too comfortable biting me?” Can I even get through his skin with my teeth. In horror I shook my head. “It’s okay.” One moment he was beside me then he was at the door sliding the lock into place. This would be hard to explain.

Carlisle came back to the bed, then he laid back. He was leaning against the plastic headboard, his legs parted but were straight in front of him.

A part of me was nervous. The last time we did this, I was moaning and feeling unknown things. Would it be the same?

“Come here.” He murmured to me, calling me over. Sitting between his legs, my back was pressed to his front. His arm wrapped around me, pulling my closer, I felt him kiss my hair. “Just relax. It will be fine. It will stop any pain.” Using the one-sided bond he calmed me once more. He must off learnt from last time as he only did enough to calm me not for me to play dizzy dinosaurs. Stop any pain? Can it do that?

He lifted his right arm, keeping his left locked around me. A crunching noise was sounded making me shiver. His arm was placed in front of me, he tore his skin and there was a gaping hole oozing with blood. “Don’t worry, It will heal fast. Quickly Elora.” He never called me by my name. My mum only does it when I’m in trouble.

Wiggling around, he pressed the cut to my lips. Whimpering, I didn't want to do it. But then the edge got smaller as it started to heal. Opening my mouth he pressed the blood to it. It was warm against my tongue. It still had the metallic taste like blood did, but the iron coppery taste was there. Swallowing the blood, I began to feel better.

My nervous thoughts were confirmed when Carlisle moaned behind me. “Drink more.” He told me breathlessly. His moan did all sorts of things to me but I carried on with my task. Attaching myself to his arm, Carlisle kept moving behind me. Fidgeting and twitching, this was slightly awkward.

The blood was rather sweet, when I thought I had taken enough I detached myself. Carlisle groaned behind me, I didn't know whether he was annoyed by it or not. Smiling lightly, I watched as the large gory bite began to heal in front of me. The skin was growing across the layer before stitching itself together. It was crazy.

Carlisle wrapped both of his arms around me and held me tight. “How do you feel?” He murmured in my ear. I felt, good. “I feel really high. I feel good.” The faint ache in my stomach was good, as was my sad emotions. Even as awkward as that scenario was, his blood tasted mighty fine.