Trapped

The village seems a blaze in the dawn sun crowning the distant mountains. The roars of rioting villagers reaching our ears as we gallop down the fields. I'm terrified.

How could this happen from one girl trying to escape being aided by one outcast? Gaston that how, I know that. He's manipulative and cruel. He blackmails for his own personal gain. I should have known better than to try and do something good that involved going against gaston.

The snow burns my cheeks, stinging as it strikes my eyes. I don't slow to aid my own discomfort I have to help Maurice. I have to help him so I can see Adam again.

I can't seem to get to the village fast enough. The sun crests the mountain dancing with the clouds looking over Paris dark and sinister. Florence stumbles letting out a pained shriek and tosses me into the snow as she falls. I'm up in a heartbeat running back to her.

She struggles before finally giving up in the snow. "No! Come on girl!" I pull on her reins. She pulls back resting her head gently on the ground. "No!" I pull harder slipping on the Icy ground. "Florence. Get up! My voice cracks. "Océana! We have to go!" Belle pressures from behind me sitting tall on phillipes back.

"No I can't leave her!" I shoot back pulling desperately on her reins again. Florence head pulls through the snow lifelessly. "No! Florence!" Her black eyes gaze at me as she nickers sadly. "Océana!" Belle urges frantically. "Alright. Alright." I press my forehead to Florence tears falling onto her fur. "I'll come back. I'll come back. I love you. I love you."?I whisper kissing her forehead. I stumble away tears sliding down my face. belle pulls me up onto phillipe as I watch Florence fade. " I love you!" I whisper.

Wind whips hair into my face sticking to my cheeks. Phillipes hooves echo against the cobblestone. Unease churns in my gut. I wish belle never showed up at the castle this morning. I regret siding with her and not Adam. I want to go back. I want to go back and actually properly meet Cogsworth the clock, I briefly met him as I ran to my room before I left. 

Shouts. The crowds. The rage. I see gaston standing above everyone weaving tales that sting their minds making them agree with him. Manipulative bastard.

"Maurice weaves tales of monsters in castles, he has taken it to far now. I stood beside him when belles returned but now he caused me of violence and abuse to his daughter, my fiancée! And my sweet cousin working to help my dear aunt. He must get help!" The crowd shouts in agreement. 

"LIAR!" Iroar jumping off of phillipes back and marching through the crowd. They part with gasps and murmurs. "Gaston you are a liar and a monster. The only stories being woven are your own. I will not allow this. Maurice have never told a lie you people. Ever! The last time he tried to get your help you laughed! Laughed at a father trying to save his daughter. Gaston has blackmailed belle into marrying him with her own father! I have done nothing for my mother in over a month! She is as abusive as he is!" I spit pointing to gaston as I face the crowd. "Maurice spoke of a beast!" Someone shouts from the crowd. "Explain how he wasn't lying then either?!" Someone else demands. "Give us proof!" I see the mad house wagon rolling through the streets. I look to the clock. They're early. It's not noon.

"You want proof?!" Belle snatches the mirror from my pocket. "Show me the beast!" She demands of the mirror. She shows it to the crowd gasps and shrieks fill the air before gaston snatches the mirror from her. "Look at his fangs! His horns! He will kill us all!" Gaston accuses. "No!" I deny. "He is kind! And generous! He will not hurt us!" I protest. Most give me a skeptical look. LeFou looks at me with dad understanding. "Dark magic. He's put you under his spell. You've fallen in love with it." Gaston throws in my face. I'm stunned. Do I love Adam? I never thought of love. I feel something for Adam but love seemed to much.

"Your silence is proof. Sh had fallen in love with a beast! This is dark magic, never have I seen it with my own eyes and my fiancée is bewitched too! He must be stopped! He'll come stalking us at night!" Gaston rilles the crowd throwing a torch into a wagon setting it ablaze. This sends battle cries skyward. Smoke stains the sky. Villagers grab belle and I forcibly. I struggle wildly trashing in their grip. I'm going to kill gaston. We're tossed into the wagon carelessly.

"No! Bastards! Adam is kind! Gaston stop this madness!" I shout latching onto the bars. Gaston approaches the bars a crazed, sadistic look in his eyes. "I'll send Adam your regards dear cuz." He seethes before turning to rifle the crowd once more. There is no doubt in their minds. They'll kill Adam. I reach through the bars brushing gastons hair but not grabbing it. I want to slam his head into the bars and run home, I never should have left.

"Gaston! Stop this! Now!" I scream in rage throwing myself to the bottom of the carriage in tears. I hear the crowd leave, hear their riot fade as they cross the countryside. We're trapped. What have I done.