1

I could hear my mother calling my name from down stairs, I yawned, stretching out my arms and cracking my knuckles. I drowsily got out of bed.

"What?" I replied to her sluggishly.

"Your fathers going on another business trip," she replied.

I smiled to myself. "Okay!"

Perfect, it's about time he went on another trip.

Well..I better explain a few things about myself, well, you.

My family is rich, they own a famous fashion industry. My dads always out on business trips, but he's been home to spend quality time with the family. My clothes are custom made just for me too, and my parents even have their very own private resort. It all sounds like paradise, yeah?

No.

No, it's not.

Since they own a fashion industry, the clothes are usually tested on me all the time, they then resize the outfits to fit the models. I'm constantly being used as a mannequin.

I'm being forced into the fashion industry, at a young age I was told I was going to be a model, and eventually run the company. As a child I'd go to pageants, and I was forced to take piano lessons, which I still do. They drilled that into my head at such a young age, I was never given the choice of picking my future job for when I grow up.

I'm not allowed to socialise, because I'm constantly studying, so I'm inside all the time. Even when I was younger I wasn't allowed to go hang out with friends, and the older I became, the more restricted I felt.

I gave up.

I've completely detached myself from socialising with others, I haven't had friends for years, not that I mind. I'm used to being lonely anyway. The only enjoyment I have is books. There's always a happy ending in those.

Why am I happy my fathers going on another business trip? Less stress, obviously! Whenever he's home he monitors me. I couldn't read for a whole two weeks because my father would randomly come into the room to check up. One time I read while he was home, and he gave me double homework.  I'm not taking my chances anymore, hehe.

"Have you got your new uniform?" Mother asked me as I rushed downstairs to get breakfast. The maids had cookies toast, and on the side some orange juice. Yum.

"Yes," I nodded, standing up to show her.

She inspected the uniform.

"Not as good as the old uniform, tch," she mumbled.

Mother was still mad about me changing schools. The school I used to attend was an all girls school, which was very formal. I had to move because the drive was too far. There were no mansions near the area which were for sale, and there was no point building a new one. Too much money.

I finished off my breakfast, and just in time for school.

"Oh, and also," mother started.

"Do you remember Garte? He's coming over tonight to have a chat with me, so when you see him, remember to say hi,"

I nodded and 2 of the maids escorted me outside.

"Would you like us to walk you to school?" One asked.

"It's 2 minutes away, I'm sure it's fine," I shrugged.

"Mistress, I insist," she pleaded.

I rolled my eyes at her, "alright."

The two maids smiled, as they escorted me to school.

"What's the school called again?" I asked.

"Phoenix Drop," One maid smiled as she led be through the gates.

"Ah, okay," I nodded.

What a weird name..

A few students were staring at me as they noticed the maids who were walking beside me. I didn't want everyone to think I was some snobby rich girl, but at the same time I didn't care.

"Uh, I think you can leave me here," I smiled, awkwardly laughing. "I'll walk the rest of the way."

"Why of course," they replied in sync, as they quickly ran off.

I exhaled some air, a sigh of relief.

The school bell rang, I felt a tad excited, but I don't know what I was looking forward for. Nothing interesting happens to me. I read my timetable, and rushed off to homeroom.