{Chapter 2} Waking Up

I woke up the soft pitter pattering of a hammer. As I awoke I looked to the sitting log for Beth; because that is where she guarded last night. When I looked over she was gone and the pitter patter of the hammer continued. 'What in god's name' I thought as I swiftly got up from against the old, lifeless tree in search of my companion Beth.

Worriedly I shouted into the abandoned atmosphere, "Beth where the fuck are you?" In return I got no answer but yet the pitter pattering of the hammer. I began to panic. I couldn't have lost her now I thought she had just lost her father and now I had lost her. My tan face began to sweat 'oh shit I lost her' I thought as I raked my hands through my short brunette hair. Then, someone tapped me on the back and I jumped.

"What the fuck-" I barked. Then, turned around to face her. Beth.

"Mr. Dixon" she spoke coolly" I didn't mean to startle you".

I sucked in a breath, "no no you didn't startle me, I was just looking for you."

She looked at me for a while as in of unsure of whether to tell me or not of what she had done.

"Girl, are you gon' tell me what you were doing!" I said pissed off by the fact that she would go off without me this early in the morning. She could have been killed, turned, anything could have happened and I, me, Daryl Dixon would be the one to blame.

She jumped from my sudden burst. " I didn't think I'd be away for so long-" she said quiet startled.

"Where were you" I said stepping a few steps closer to her to look her clearly in the eyes.

"I was guarding last night then I decided to look around this forest and I found an old hammer rested beside a tree" she replied relatively quickly. "I took the hammer and began thumping it against frail trees for fun." Now she looked at me guilty. "I'm sorry I know I should have asked you to tell you where I was going; but you looked so...peaceful".

'I looked so peaceful' I thought. 'You didn't wake me up because I looked so peaceful!' I edged up real close to her as I spoke swiftly" I don't give a rat's ass if I'm sleeping you understand me, you don't go anywhere without me, got it!"

"Yes sir" she replied nodding swiftly.

"Good" I said pleasingly.

"Mr.Dixon?"

"Yes?"

"We better get going, right?" she said as if rushed. "I mean if we're going to find the others we might wanna pick up the pace".

I looked at her curiously and raised a brow," why rush?"

"Maggie is probably looking for me and I have to look for her. We're sisters and daddy's gone she's the only family I have left; I can't lose her yet." As she said this I turned around to check behind myself. Could have swore I heard something moving.

"Family ain't nothing!"I said bluntly still checking behind me.

I could feel her eyes look at me sudden with doubt. "Mr.Dixon, you mean to tell me you not once nor never cared for your brother, Merle."

"No!" I said to turn around and look at her square in the eyes"He was a goddamn monster, matter fact he was a dick who thought he could rule me and I I ain't nobody's bitch. With that I picked up our things and swung my crossbow on my back."Now let's get out of here!"

[Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter vote and comment please it'd mean alot. Thanks. :)

-love lee lee xx