{Chapter 1} Rememberance

{ok, before I start I would just like to say that this chapter is beginning from Season 4 of the Walking Dead. So please don't get confused and whatnot. Lol well enjoy! c:}

•Daryl's POV

It has been more then a couple of days since Beth and I have left the prison, without the rest of the gang. We left them all in a rush-- Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, even Michonne-- when the Governor had attacked our sanctuary place. He came out of nowhere with a new group, and with Michonne and Hershel as captives. He threatened our safety and lives if we didn't give over the prison. Dang! I can remember it as it was yesterday. The look on Hershel's face as Brian lifted the blade. It was as if he was not scared at all, all I saw was humanity in his gray eyes. Why didn't I do anything! I could have stopped it, but I didn't and why I didn't know...

"Daryl!Daryl!" Beth said eagerly and impatiently as if she had been calling me for a long while. I was daydreaming again and I bet she could tell. As we walked through the darkened forest, I looked at her curiously and then spoke.

"Um yeah, Beth!" I said with my voice quite annoyed and clearly not in the right state of mind. But, I guess that's how life is when you're up all night on guard duty or up all morning scavenging for food. It's been more than four years since the apocalypse had started, and I know more then anybody that life ain't getting any better!

She looked at me with a surprised face and snickered, "Well, jezz Mr.Daryl Dixon I was just gonna ask a question."

I looked at her expecting-ly, "well?!" was all I said as we walked over branches. I tried to be careful not to fall because that would sure as hell be a duzzy.