XX

"I just don't get it." I started.

I was walking beside Yoongi in a quiet street. We had just left the church and decided we'd head for a walk as it was still too early to return home.

"Tell me." He motioned for me to go on.

I shoved my hands in my cardigan's pockets, it was getting kind of chilly because because of the sudden wind and I should've gone for a leather jacket or something.

"Why cry and be so sad over an old person's death? When someone is at this age it's kinda expected, don't you think? I mean, one thing we know for sure is that at some point, we will all die." I explained my train of thoughts.

"Ah." Yoongi sighed and shook his head. "Arianna, mourning can't be avoided. People need to cry for their beloved ones, they have emotions."

He was patient enough to explain to me and support his opinion fairly without offending me or telling me I was wrong, which was something highly appreciated for me.

"Yeah but still, his family and relatives are making it such a huge deal. They should be happy and grateful he got to live till this age." I insisted.

"Okay, you got me there." Yoongi's mouth shaped in a sly smile. "You've got a good point."

"I know!" I rolled my eyes acting like a brat but it was just for fun, don't get me wrong. I'm everything but a bratty.

"And this thing with funerals...oh!" I groaned, keeping up with the conversation. "Having people give speeches about how great and amazing the dead person was in his life...pfff bullshit. I bet they say the same things for everyone, even for an alcoholic or a rapist."

Yoongi breathed out a laugh as he nodded his head.

"Actually, they do!" He exclaimed. "I've heard so many of those speeches, believe me, it's so cliché."

My mouth dropped when I heard him say it and I looked at him in surprise.

"Yoongs!" I laughed.

"What?" He laughed as well and winked at me.

He slipped his arm around my neck, a move he'd been doing a lot lately.  A friendly move between two good friends that always caused me to have fucking butterflies in my stomach and my skin to warm under his touch.

He pulled me near him. I hesitated at first but then I wrapped my arms around his slim torso and buried my face in his thick, black sweater.

"I'm cold." I stared when I saw him staring at me taken aback.

"Oh, o-okay." He nodded and I felt his arm tighten around my neck, fully covering it." Better now?" He asked.

"Better." I mumbled in his chest.

♛ ♛ ♛

"Here we are!" I sung when we reached her driveway.

Arianna pulled her face away from my chest and let the cold wind hit it. She then frowned and her grip on my tightened.

"What is it?" I chuckled at her cuteness. For a feisty one, she had a lot of aegyo.

"It's coooold." She whined like a baby.

She then brought her body right in front of mine, facing it, without releasing me from her arms. She hugged my tightly, once again burying her beautiful face with the slightly tanned skin in my chest.

"Um, Arianna? What are you doing?" I asked.

She titled her head upwards only to lock eyes with mine.

"I'm hugging you bitch, what does it look like to you?" She stared at me with a -_- expression plastered across her face. She then got back to her hiding place, which yes, it was my chest.

"Yeah but we're in your driveway and your mother might be watching. What if she thinks you're making out with me and-"

"Yoongs, just shut up and hug me back you hoe, I'm cold and you're like a fireplace right now." She interrupted me.

I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her back, rubbing it gently to keep her warm. I felt her nuzzle in my chest even more and then she let out the cutest, most innocent moan to ever exist.

It felt so nice to have her so close to me, to feel her strong body against my slightly weak one, to have my nose buried in her freshly washed hair smelling the hair shampoo of strawberry she used.

I could feel her arms around my waist squeezing me enough to make my breathing abnormal just like she did everytime she touched me or at least when her hand would accidentally brush mine while walking down the school corridors.

My heart was racing and - just for the record, I was afraid of her noticing so I tried to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and inhaled her scent multiple times until I got my pulse to slow down.

We stayed like this for a couple of minutes that seemed like seconds to me. I knew it was clearly in a friendly way and maybe that's what we will ever be; friends.

But I'm so glad to have her in my life, even though she's not everything I wanted her to be to me. She's not my girlfriend nor my lover and she is definitely not in love with me.

How could she be anyway? I'm just a nerdy religious boy that doesn't even drink and is socially awkward. She however is exactly the opposite; she is fierce, she is feisty, she lives her life in the most hardcore way a teenage girl her age could possibly.

And all her exes are the most handsome and hottest of guys. They're not like me. No, correction. I'm not like them.

What makes me believe I'll ever be somebody to her?

All my thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind me.

"Ariadne?"

At the sound of that raspy but melodic male voice, Arianna pulled away, shocked.

"Dad?!?"