VI

"C minus?!? Oh my God, Ari!" Seoyeon ,my best friend, shouted next to me, causing my right ear to go deaf.

"I know." I say calmly.

"It's not good!"

"I know." I sighed.

"I mean, you're screwed!"

"I knowwwww!" I whined.

"Well do you know that I'm panicking more than you are? How come you don't care!?" She scolded at me.

We were standing right outside the school gate as we had just finished our classes, both leaning on the fencing surrounding the school's ground.

"I do care! How could I not? I just knew that I would fail this test anyway."

Seoyeon tried to hold a laughter but she didn't manage to.

"Your optimism kills me."

"Thanks, I'm known for that." I replied sarcastically.

We both bursted out laughing hard cause yeah, it was such an irony, I was a pessimist since birth.

Most of the students that were passing by, leaving school, would stare at us either weirdly or with a smile on their faces. But we didn't give a damn.

After a couple of minutes that we'd been laughing while gasping for air, we finally relaxed and realization kicked in.

"Oh my God!" Seoyeon exclaimed. She turned to look at me with eyes wide open and mouth as well. "What about the party, Ari?!?"

"There's no way my mum's letting me come." I bent my head down in disappointment.

"But we've been planning it for weeks! We have been looking forward to it for like, a month or two!"

"I know but there's nothing I can do to fix this now. If I don't get better at maths, I'm not allowed to attend parties or return home late. I don't even know if she'll even let me get out of my room!" I protested.

In all of a sudden, I heard a throat being cleared behind me. I spun around and came face to face with Yoongi.

I instantly smiled although he seemed to be very nervous. He would avoid direct eye contact with me for more than a second and he had his hands behind his back.

"Arianna?" He called for me. "Can I have a word with you,please?"

It wasn't him being polite but him saying my whole name.  The way it sounded when it was his voice.I don't know, it was weird. I felt my heart skip a beat.

I nodded my head and I followed him as he leaded me away from my friend. He suddenly stoped walking and turned to face me.

"Uhh...I-I didn't want to....ah I wasn't eavesdropping b-but I heard you...you said you've got p-problems? In...maths?" He stuttered.

It was so cute that he was trailing off with his words, he seemed so nervous and I was wondering why.

"Yeah.." I shrugged.

"Well....would you,...you know. W-Would you want me to tutor you?" He offered.

I saw the opportunity immediately, my mind raced in seconds, making plans and finding solutions.

If Yoongi, who was a great student and a quiet, down-to-earth guy with discipline, would totur me (meaning that we'd get to spend a lot of time hanging out),mum would see him as a good influence and I wouldn't be grounded for long.

Maybe I'll even make it to the party, its next Friday.

"Would you do this for me?" I asked,feeling moved.

It's true, it's not about using this just for the party, raising my grades would contribute to a lot of things such as graduation and an even better relationship with my mother since we always fight about this matter.

"Y-Yeah, of course." He gave me a small smile as if he had put a lot of effort and pressure to form it.

"Oh my, thank you so much!" I cheered and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, hugging him tightly.

He didn't hug me back and as my head was on his chest I heard his heart beating rather fast.

I pulled away, realizing the awkwardness of the moment and I brought my hands behind my back, intertwining my fingers as well.

Yoongi was sweating but it could be because of the warm weather and the plenty of sunlight.

"N-No pro-problem..!" He stuttered.

He then pointed with his thumbs behind him.

"I-I'm gonna go, now. See you later."

And he run off. Literally, running like crazy while I returned back to my bestie.

She was looking at me surprised,wide eyes and mouth open once again but a smile was creeping on her face as well.

"What?" I gave her a questioning look.

"What. Was. THAT!!!!!" She screamed.

What the hell?