XXIV

"Arianna, I've been wanting to tell you this in such a long time. See, I-I have a crush on you since-" The sound of the doorbell ringing interrupts me from practicing my speech in the mirror.

I take a deep breath and start walking towards the front door. "Coming!" I yell for Arianna to hear me.

I prepare myself to confess to her and for a brief moment I feel confident about it, although I don't know if I can make it. I am pretty sure that once I come face to face with her, I'll chicken out.

And just like I predicted, everything fades away once I open the door and lock my eyes with her red and puffy, watery, green ones.

"Arianna?!?" I exclaim as worry and surprise get over me. She instantly drops her bags down and rushes to hug me, her hands wrap around my sweater dressed slim torso and her face she buries in my chest.

I place my hand on her head and start caressing it, brushing my fingers through her gentle hair that smelled freshly washed.

"Arianna, what happened?" I ask, my heart beating fast as agony fills me up.

I hear as her sobs become loud cries and I feel as if my heart's breaking. It's too much, seeing your loved one in pain, crying in vain.

"M-My dad....f-found out and...h-he hit me." She can barely speak.

The minute i hear her saying that, my heart sinks.

He did...w-what?

Range starts to grow in me but doesn't make it to conquer me because once I notice Arianna hasn't been breathing, panic takes its place. Surprisingly, making me act properly.

I carefully grab her by her arms and pull her away from my body as I gently shake hers. "Breathe, Arianna! Breathe!" I shout worriedly.

She gasps for air and tries to calm herself down but isn't able to. Only a small amount of oxygen manages to reach her lungs but still, it isn't enough, not even for her to keep crying.

I immediately pull her in my hug again, wrapping my arms around her and holding her tightly as if I'm trying to prevent her heart from breaking, just like mine did a couple of minutes ago.

"Arianna, please breathe. You don't have to worry babygirl, I'm here. I'm here, everything's fine, calm down." I try my best to make her feel secure again, I don't even realize what word slipped my mouth.

Her cries quickly slow down and turn into the slightests of sobs. I lead her to my living room and I sit down on the couch, then make her sit down next to me.

Arianna doesn't seem to break off touch with me as she lets her body lie on mine, her hands tightly holding my shirt, her own self holding onto me.

I rub her back gently as I whisper for her the same things I did minutes ago, to make her relax. "C'mon, don't worry. You're safe now, there's nothing to worry about." I keep repeating.

Soon, the only thing to be heard is our breaths. I'm not even sure wether Arianna fell asleep or not until she raises her head to look at me, then sits up and rubs her eyes.

She sighs, letting her hands fall on her laps. "I'm sorry." She mutters.

"Don't be." I shake my head right and left. Why's she even apologizing, she did nothing wrong. "Do you want to tell me what exactly happened? I want to help you."

♛♛♛

I watched as he looked at me in pity, his eyes full of worry. I had told him the whole story. He was sorry for me, I could see that. Yoongi wanted to help me feel better but he himself was pretty sad over me being abused by my own father.