Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s POV

No, this shouldn't be happening. I thought he was going to be fine. I didn't know that he would do this. Why?...

In front of me...Shiki had collapsed. He had bruises and cuts all over. Did he come all the way here...to find me?

Tears filled my eyes at the thought of what he went through. Where was his horse? Did it escape?

"N-nee-chan, I made i-it."
"Shiki, what happened?! Are you alright?! Why did you come here?!"

He couldn't answer, he had closed his eyes. Why now?...

"Oi (Y/n), who's that?" Klein asked.

I didn't reply, I couldn't. Shiki risked his life to come here. He risked his life to see me. I couldn't hold in the tears anymore.

Klein's POV

Instead of a reply, (Y/n) started sobbing and crying. I turned her around and noticed that she was holding the young boy in her arms.

"Hey, what's wrong? You didn't seem like the type to break down, what happened?"
"M-my brother! He...he came-"

She was still crying. Well, I was glad I stayed up late or else she would've been like this for the whole night.

"What's going on out here?" asked Kirito.

Once he noticed the state (Y/n) was in, he immediately rushed to see what had happened. Well, I had better let him handle this situation.

Kirito's POV

Shiki, what was he doing here? Shouldn't he be in Aincrad?

I took him into the tent and started treating his wounds.

~Some time later~

I went outside to look for (Y/n). According to Klein, she didn't go back into her tent and had wandered off somewhere.

*sigh* That guy...why didn't he watch her? I searched everywhere, without wandering too far off, but she was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't give up, I had to find her. But why was I doing this for her? I mean, sure this was an order but why was I so desperate to make sure that she was safe?...

Suddenly, I heard a slight sniff from the clearing in the forest. I quietly went there, seeing (Y/n) sitting down while hugging her knees.

"Hey (Y/n), want to talk about it?"

She simply shook her head and continued to stare at nothing.

"You know, it'll make you feel better to get it off your chest. Why did Shiki come?"

I sat down next to her and hesitantly put an arm around her shoulders. She stiffened. I guess she wasn't used to this. *sigh* Did her parents really not pay any attention her?

"He came looking for me," she said.
"Huh? Why?"
"Our parents probably trained him too hard. This isn't the first time it happened. But for him to come all the way out of Aincrad to look for me...I'm worried about what happened back in the kingdom."
"Don't worry, he's a strong boy. He'll wake up soon."
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For helping me. I'll make sure to repay you someday."
"*smiles* You don't need to worry about that. I don't need such compensation."

More tears slid down her cheeks. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. She really did care for her brother.

Andrew's POV

*sigh* What was he thinking? Tch, this guy...

"Klein, stop poking the boy's cheek."
"But it's so soft-"

I glared at him, making him back away. But was he really (Y/n)'s brother? Whoa, to come all the way here without resting...he must have strong endurance. Even we took a few days.

The palace guards must be looking for him. Well, it was his parents fault for training him so hard. This wouldn't have happened to him if they didn't train him.
Kirito didn't exactly explain it in detail too much but I guess her brother must've suffered quite a lot.

"Huh? Where's nee-chan?"
"Oh, you're awake. Did Klein wake you up?"
"It wasn't me, I swear!"
"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Shiki, the prince of Aincrad."
"I'm Andrew and that's Klein. We're your sister's friends."
"Where is she?" he asked, hoping to see her.
"She should be back soon."

(Y/n)'s POV

Kirito held out his hand. I smiled and gratefully took it. When we got back, Shiki was sitting by the fire. I immediately ran up and hugged him.

"Nee-chan!"
"You baka, why did you come here? You should've stayed in Aincrad."
"But I was scared by myself. I wanted to see you," he replied with a pout.

I smiled and hugged him tighter.

~The next day~

"We have come here to take Prince Shiki back to Aincrad," announced the commander.

Shiki took a step back and hugged me. I smiled and kneeled down to his height.

"Shiki, go back for now. I'll go find you once I complete the mission."
"But nee-chan..."
"Don't worry about anything. You're strong. I would hate to send you back but right now, you have to go back. I'm sorry, wait for me there. And promise me that you won't come looking for me."
"...okay nee-chan, don't make me wait too long."

I hugged him one last time before letting him go. The commander hoisted Shiki up behind him and rose off.

Don't worry about anything, I'll be sure to complete this mission.

"(Y/n)..."

Kirito pat my head and grinned at me.

"We'll help you with this mission. That's a promise," he exclaimed.
"Thank you!"

Unexpectedly, Klein hugged me. This felt awkward...

"Wait, I thought we were going for a group hug," he said, a little embarrassed.

Suddenly, Kirito and Andrew joined in on the hug and laughed. But for some reason, Klein blushed while looking away. Kirito punched him and led me to the horses. I just looked at him with a confused expression.

"*nervous laugh* It was nothing," he said while trying to avoid the topic.
"What?"
"Klein was looking at something."
"What's wrong with looking at something?"
"Well, not in the way you're thinking. Anyway, don't worry about it."

I was confused. Well, he said it was nothing to worry about.