Clint Barton Smile

Clint was currently in one of the medical rooms, getting taken care of. I was in Fury's office. He had called for me a few hours ago and I was getting impatient. He walked in and sat at his desk.

"Agent Romanoff. As you know, Agent Barton doesn't remember you. For some reason that Dr. Banner cannot figure out, Barton can remember everyone and everything else but you. I don't know why. But take it easy on him. You all are staying in the Stark Tower for a while. I don't want to loose track of you."

"Yes sir." I nodded and left.

I sat on the couch in the Stark Tower living room, everyone else was sitting around me. Clint was sitting across the room from me. I crossed my legs, leaned back in the seat, and put my fingers to my mouth. It's been about three weeks since the accident with Clint.

"This is just weird." Stark muttered. "You two need to make up."

"You don't get it, Stark. He doesn't remember me. Don't push him. Banner even said it could hurt him." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry I don't remember you, Natasha." Clint said.

"Its fine. I don't even know why I'm here." I muttered under my breath, running my hand through my hair.

"Fury doesn't want to loose track of us." Steve replied.

"You know me, Cap. You know I don't listen to him unless its urgent." I shrugged. Everyone got quiet again. Naturally, my eyes found Clint's. He noticed I saw him looking and looked away. I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face, keeping my hand over my eyes.

"I don't think I've ever seen her like this." I heard Pepper whisper to someone.

"She's never been like this, as long as I have known her." Steve rubbed my shoulder.

"What? Why are you guys looking at me?" Clint asked.

"Clint. You've known Natasha for the longest amount of time. Almost six years-"

"Almost eight. It'll be eight on the eleventh of June." I corrected Steve. I took my hand off my face and looked at Clint. He was now standing by the window. I stood up and started to leave.

"Tasha. Don't leave." I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned to Clint, looking at him.

"Tasha?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Your name is Natasha. Tasha just sounded right." He nodded. A smile grew on my face.

"It is." I nodded. He smiled too, just not the normal Clint Barton smile I loved. But I left the Tower, I couldn't stand being in the same room as Clint when he couldn't remember me.

It's so sad. 😔 Second to last chapter homies!!!

I think the next book will be titled something along the lines of The Bird & The Spider.... Cause this one is The Archer & The Spy..... Yeah. Bird and Spider. That'll work! I think. For now... I'm working on a cover photo for now!!

-Kacey<3