-Chapter 15-

"So, what do you want for Christmas, kiddo?" Chloe asks as we drive home from one of our many adventures.

I smile slyly, "What more could I want when all I've ever wanted is you?".

A deep blush settles on her cheeks, making Chloe's face almost glow red.

"Dear, god. I'm in love with a nerd. You know what I mean, Max. I wanna buy you something special".

"Huh, you don't have to buy me anything, Chloe. Honestly, I'm fine".

"But I wanna,".

I smile at her sincerity, "Okay, fine. *sigh* I'd like a new pack of film".

"Pfft, figures," Chloe says with a friendly scoff.

"But not just any film. 'Black and white' film. It's kinda expensive and a little hard to find, but the pictures I can take with them will be phenomenal".

Chloe smiles and taps me under the chin, "Now there's the confidence I like to see. You are a great photographer, Max. Like I said before, you just have to stop being afraid of putting yourself out there".

"Well, when I'm with you I don't feel afraid. Y- you make me feel like I know what I'm doing," I say, looking up at her with big bright eyes.

"And you make me feel like there's still a reason for me to stay in Arcadia Bay," Chloe replies, reaching out and squeezing my hand.

She opens her mouth again, seeming to have something more to say she's hesitating a bit.

"Max?" Chloe finally says, "I- I think... I think you're what I've been missing from my life. I've never... I've never felt complete , and when I'm with you, I do. So thank you. Thank you for giving me a chance."

We smile dumbly at each other until the truck comes to a stop a little ways away from my house.

"So uh...you... you wanna make out for a bit before heading inside?".

I nod a bit and smile slyly, "I thought you'd never ask".

---

Chloe's aggressive style of make outs; the pulling and grabbing; is something I'm still trying to get used to, but there's something about the raw energy that flows between both of us that keeps me wanting more.

But the memory of Chloe panicking over the brief mention of sex keeps me from going too far.

"Heh, you're gettin' better at this," Chloe says, pulling herself off of me for a second.

I'm lying back on the seat, still sorta starry-eyed about how amazing it feels to be kissed by her.

"Well, I learned from the best," I say, wrapping my arms around her neck.

She blushes again, "Well, I am the best, aren't I?".

I nod and pull her down until her lips meet mine.

"The very best".

She giggles and continues to kiss me, her lips moving softly against mine.

I close my eyes for a moment, enjoying this sensual experience and listen as Chloe whispers things to me.

"I love you," she says.

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me"

"I don't know where I'd be without you".

I wrap my fingers around her hair as she sits up, kissing me with more of an open mouth.

"I love you, too" I reply.