-Chapter 37 (Pt. 1)-

OOC: So this chapter is a little bit all over the place, but that's sorta the point. It's just a peek at a few days of 6 friends on a road trip. This is basically the embodiment of the phrase " a day in the life of". There isn't a lot of plot in this chapter, mainly build-up for the final few chapters which the amount is still yet to be determined. This is also a chance to further develop the minor characters and relationships. Anyways, this is going to be one of the longest chapters of #NoFilter and there are multiple songs played within (what's a road trip without music?) so, here's the setlist for this chapter:

Search Party- Sam Bruno

Fight For Your Right- The Beastie Boys

Blame- Nik Ammar & Oliver Jackson

1979- Smashing Pumpkins

Anyway, please enjoy :)

---

-MARCH 3RD-

Even though I love winter and the snow, March's warm weather is a welcome feeling. Everything is a lot brighter and happier... less dull and dismal. Anyways, I'm standing in the sunny parking lot with Kate, Brooke, and Tori, all of us waiting for Nathan and Chloe to arrive in the Station Wagon Nate's parents are letting him borrow for our trip, so we'll have room for everyone.

The last set of trials are finally over, which means Chloe, me, Nathan and everyone else Warren and Rachel hurt will be able to move on. But that doesn't stop the stares and the whispers Chloe and I both get when milling around town. Everyone knows what happened to us and why, but nobody has the guts to confront us. Well, maybe except for the journalists and news reporters who always seen to be poking and prodding us for more information even though the whole case was publicized.

"The trip will be good for us, Max. We both need a break from the Bay, at least until things cool down news-wise" Chloe has told me the other night while we were packing.

She's been a little distant again like she does when she hasn't been on her medication for a while or when something on her mind and she's not telling me. I don't try to pry though... we've argued and bickered enough during the last month or so. Plus, I trust her enough to come to me when she's ready.

"Are you excited, Max?" Kate asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

I nod and smile nervously, "Y- yeah, I've never been to California before. It's supposed to be really great there, especially Santa Monica".

"It's wonderful," Victoria cuts in, "You'd love it there, Max. Home of the Hipsters. Believe me, you'll fit right in no problem".

Brooke scoffs even though she's not really paying attention, her face buried in her phone. "She got you there, Maxie".

"Oh hardy-har-har, it's not like Chloe's told me that a billion times," I say with an exaggerated tone as I roll my eyes, "Anyways, are you guys like, seriously okay with this turning into a camping trip? I mean, we're still going to a rock show but since we can't really afford a hotel room for each of us, this is sorta our only option. Unless we all share a room".

"We'll be fine, Max," Kate reassured, "We already told you".

"I- I know... but still. This is a lot to ask".

"We're fine, Max," Brooke points out, tapping Kate with her elbow, "Plus, what's cooler than spending time with our girlfriends in a secluded location with the privacy of paper-thin tent walls?".

Kate looks puzzled for a moment until she figures out what Brooke is implying. "Brooke!".

"What?".